Another year waiting for basic printing functions...

sdadell

Idea

Is Evernote staff ever going to respond about all the posts requesting basic printing functions? I have thousands of notes and there are times I want to print, but it is so frustrating being stuck with 2 inch margins and no page breaks or other formatting. Maybe it is worse on a Mac, but I can't believe you can't take the time to fix this or respond. I value Evernote too much and am hooked, but printing would make it my most favorite app. Maybe this year PLEASE!

EvernotePrintSample.jpg

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, sdadell said:

it is so frustrating being stuck with 2 inch margins and no page breaks or other formatting

My impression is there's not a large user requirement for printing functions, but we'll see if your request receives much support.
Voting buttons are in the top left corner of the discussion  5a9091194c16e_ScreenShot2018-02-23at14_09_09.png.86bc90d6c0b6326a04254bc0814dc7ac.png

Regarding page breaks, I'm not seeing Evernote as that kind of product.
It's more like a web page; scrolling but no page breaks.
I'm able to control page breaks in word processing apps.

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My impression is there's not a large user requirement for printing functions, but we'll see if your request receives much support.
Voting buttons are in the top left corner of the discussion  5a9091194c16e_ScreenShot2018-02-23at14_09_09.png.86bc90d6c0b6326a04254bc0814dc7ac.png

Regarding page breaks, I'm not seeing Evernote as that kind of product.
It's more like a web page; scrolling but no page breaks.
I'm able to control page breaks in word processing apps.

Not a large user requirement...? Look at the hundreds of posts from frustrated users. Search print or margins. You have responded before and I get tired of being told my request is not important. Maybe YOU don't ever want to print, but it is a basic function that many people want. If you have any pull as a "Guru" tell them we want it.

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, sdadell said:

Look at the hundreds of posts from frustrated users. Search print or margins.

We're posting in the Mac forum.  There might be more user support in the cross-platform forum at https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/53-evernote-general-discussions/

Just a quick search in the Mac forum.  I found the post linked below
Please add your vote to this request; it currently has  5a90950a675ce_ScreenShot2018-02-23at14_25_41.png.c0c229b4a3a9c39957dde69a65486f0a.png   votes

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, sdadell said:

I can't believe you can't take the time to fix this or respond.

Just FYI,  Evernote don't usually explain or justify their actions -or inactions- on new features (I know of two cases in 8+ years).  There are good commercial reasons why competitors shouldn't definitively know what is,  or isn't planned - and I think Evernote sensibly think that their time is better spent working on stuff they are implementing,  rather than talking about why they didn't add better printing controls - yet.  They do follow the forums quite closely though,  and all feedback goes into their plans eventually.  All we can suggest is that you work around any limitations for the moment,  and if the situation is really untenable,  look for different software. 

-I do some presentation work forinstance and all my layout work is in Word or Publisher and a couple of graphics apps;  with the files saved in Evernote attached to a project note so I get my 'desktop' for that project up on screen with minimum effort.  I'll maybe use Evernote to draft out a document,  but that's usually copied into the more feature-rich environment of a word-processor to set style,  layout and pagination.

Archived