Sidebar UI Inconsistency

Just upgraded to v7 (MacOS), and noticed the following sidebar behavior. With the disclosure triangle closed, you can still select the top-level item (like Notebooks, or Tags), and the middle panel displays a full list of child items. But if you try to select Shortcuts with the disclosure triangle closed, you cannot do it. Seems like the behavior should be consistent, and it would certainly be helpful.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 5.40.04 PM.png

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, rkanes said:

But if you try to select Shortcuts with the disclosure triangle closed

Could you post a screenshot.  It's not clear on which disclosure triangle you're trying to use

It would be more useful to post the issue in the feedback discussion for v7
I posted a bug report with the expand/contract triangles here

If I may pile onto this complaint, when the sidebar is expanded, you can right-click on the Trash icon and choose "Empty Trash":
Sidebar_Trash_-_Expanded.png.ba753dcd1fced6635f108b14a1f9243e.png

However, if you collapse the sidebar, those options are no longer available. There is, in fact, no way to empty the trash with the sidebar collapsed. Not in the sidebar, not in the toolbar, nor in the menu bar:

Sidebar_Trash_Collapsed.png.ae341da00834ae6716eae4fe519ea9a4.png

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, macfixer said:

However, if you collapse the sidebar, those options are no longer available. There is, in fact, no way to empty the trash with the sidebar collapsed. Not in the sidebar, not in the toolbar, nor in the menu bar:

I run with a collapsed sidebar so I'm affected by this.  I submitted ticket #2406270

fwiw  You can delete selected notes from the Trash

5a8ee8ec479b2_ScreenShot2018-02-22at07_57_26.png.b94465d475e85c0bb692ebcaa5650880.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, macfixer said:

That's not the same. You and I both know that. <_<

I know that one is Empty The Trash and the other is Delete Selected Notes From The Trash

What I see as being the same is they both achieve the objective of expunging notes from the Trash.:)

Archived