Formatting between IOS and Windows

drewvi

Idea

I have been using EN for years and sadly its getting worse.  I understand that you're trying to make it better by 'adding' things but its like adding heated seats to a Lada.   Not point having all the bells and whistles if the car doesn't start.

ALL I am trying to do is have consistent note formatting between my IOS and Windows version.  I don't see any functionality more fundamental than this.

If you can explain how to do this I will satisfied.  Right now I have to constantly tweak each note to keep the formatting consistent.

Tahoma with checkboxes.  IOS and Windows.

That's it.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, drewvi said:

Right now I have to constantly tweak each note to keep the formatting consistent.

Without specific font assignment, we're seeing the default fonts used on each platform.
We can adjust the default on the Win/Mac platforms; I have no idea what the IOS default is.

The font assignment only applies to our text content.

I find it hard to believe this is not the single most important aspect of having multi-platform notes.

Is there no simple tech note explaining how to set this up?  What could possibly be more fundamental to multi-platform note system?

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, drewvi said:

I find it hard to believe this is not the single most important aspect of having multi-platform notes.

Is there no simple tech note explaining how to set this up?  What could possibly be more fundamental to multi-platform note system?

I hope someone else contributes to the discussion.  I'm not a font person, beyond fixed/proportional.  I don't adjust my fonts, and thought it more of a word processing thing.

A helvetica and an arial walked into a bar.  The bartender said we don't serve  your type

• Ex Employees

I definitely see the frustration with fonts when switching between mobile/desktop platforms. It sounds like this may be due to Windows having explicit font settings (10,12,14 etc..) and iOS having implicit font settings (Small, Medium, Large). When switching between font sizes in these scenarios across each platform, it can sometimes lead to unexpected results. 

While not ideal, a possible workaround would be to set your desired font size on Windows and to not change back and forth between Small, Medium, Large on iOS (keep it on the default while editing notes created on Windows), as this might sync back to Windows with an unexpected size.

If you're performing different actions or steps that cause the unexpected behavior you're seeing, please do let us know the exact steps you're taking and what you're seeing.

The development team is investigating how to more appropriately handle the size adjustments between clients in the future, but I don't have an estimate on when to expect this.

• Level 5*

Thanks for contributing  @Jay-Bob  

Do you know the default font used in IOS notes?

Its not a big issue for me, but I do see a difference when viewing notes on my Mac and iPad.

I can't set the IOS default, but I can set my Mac default to match

What finally fixed this issue for me was changing the default font (on my desktop version of Evernote) to Helvetica Neue size 14.  I had to go through and manually update a couple of my notes (to make sure they were consistent with the new changes).  But now when I make changes on either my desktop version (MacBook Air) or my iPhone, the font and font size finally remain consistent.