THANK YOU FOR v6.9

mateo

Idea

Evernote version 6.9 is the best release I can remember by evernote. I wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU for fixing the disgustingly slow speed of the application, as well as the view of the notebook list. Drastic improvements. THANK YOU. I was so close to switching to OneNote. But this has saved the app.

13 replies to this idea

Wow this is a change and something you don't see around here very often. 

Nice to see positive feedback for sure. After the 6.8 fiasco (for me) I have not upgraded to 6.9 and been on 6.7. I still like the PDF format of the old "in line" note so I may still stick to old style for the time being but it was nice to see positive feedback and a "Thank You" to the developers and Evernote team.

Cheers!

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, SirPPingTon said:

So no, you can't set it back, they've forced this change upon everyone.

Why are you not able install previous versions?  Why were you forced to install this change?

I don't know about the filehippo site.  I'd use the download link in the release notes.

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Why are you not able install previous versions?  Why were you forced to install this change?

To keep getting bug fixes and security patches we should all be up to date. Also at some point EN will drop support for that version. If I have an issue and raise a ticket they will ask me to update, as upstream has the bug fixes. 

• Level 5*

11 hours ago, SirPPingTon said:

How do I set it back to old style?

I really dislike the iframe of chromium for PDF viewer.

You mean you want to display it as an attachment?

Do you want to use a different program to open it?

36 minutes ago, jefito said:

You mean you want to display it as an attachment?

Do you want to use a different program to open it?

Neither of those things. This is what I see right now

image.thumb.png.3a4be590a26473ec7791ff80eac9159e.png

What I used to see was that "Summary" annotation page as if it was an image on the page. I would annotate key elements, and have EN show them within the note, so I never had to go into the PDF except for deeper information.

Now I have an iframe, that has what looks to be the chromium PDF viewer. It shows the summary and all pages in one big scroll. So now there are 2 scroll bars on the side of the note, plus the summary annotations does not all get included within the iframe size (this one does, it's an example with 1 annotation). 

I also have, what I assume to be a bug, is white space between the end of the iframe and the box they use to wrap it before my note text begins. This varies in size upon the size of EN window etc

image.thumb.png.5b3f0bd36c6348febfb5ca1bce108208.png

I just wish that when they make decisions which do change things in such a way, that I have an option to not have to change the way that I've been working for so long with the application. Each time it moves more and more away from what it was, to something different, a stranger in my life that knows everything about me. 

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, SirPPingTon said:

Now I have an iframe, that has what looks to be the chromium PDF viewer

I don't know about iFrames (they're not supported in ENML, but maybe they're used internally; obviously they're using some container for this), but it's almost certainly the Chromium PDF viewer, as they're using the Chromium Embedded Framework to render and interact with your note content. Probably saves them licensing fees for whatever they were using before. It's possible that they'll add more control over how this is displayed. You should make a suggestion in the Windows Product Feedback/Feature Requests forum.

13 hours ago, jefito said:

I don't know about iFrames (they're not supported in ENML, but maybe they're used internally; obviously they're using some container for this), but it's almost certainly the Chromium PDF viewer, as they're using the Chromium Embedded Framework to render and interact with your note content. Probably saves them licensing fees for whatever they were using before. It's possible that they'll add more control over how this is displayed. You should make a suggestion in the Windows Product Feedback/Feature Requests forum.

I've been around these forums enough to know that EN staff don't take input from the user base here. There is so much overlapping requests from people that are ignored, it's as if they should clear out the requests and start a fresh (or remove completely if they don't plan on working on them). 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, SirPPingTon said:

I've been around these forums enough to know that EN staff don't take input from the user base here.

I've been around these forums for a while; I'll continue to work with the feature requests, and submit bug reports in the release feedback discussions

Another input method is to contact Evernote support

Just out of interest, how long have you been around these forums?  Your profile saysDA669C55-516E-476D-A111-60A78EAE3E7B.jpeg.2c8d5401dde9b82152661a057cd2d539.jpeg

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, SirPPingTon said:

I've been around these forums enough to know that EN staff don't take input from the user base here. There is so much overlapping requests from people that are ignored, it's as if they should clear out the requests and start a fresh (or remove completely if they don't plan on working on them). 

Sure, and I've been around these forums long enough to know that they *do* take input, and every post is read. However, not all are replied to. Unreplied != ignored.

That being said -- and I hasten to say that I'm not an Evernote employee -- I'm hopeful that we will be getting more direct Evernote input on feature requests, particularly the most popular ones. Also -- and you may have noticed this -- there is an effort to combine common requests, and "retire" (isolate and lock) topics that are no longer relevant. That's a large task in itself, as this forum, in several different incarnations, has been around for 10+ years, with a pretty active user base.

My own take is that requests should not be removed (imagine the outrage), but feedback on popular requests on likelihood of implementation (non-binding, of course, as any software development company's goals and priorities are apt to shift over time) would help to combat the impression that folks are being ignored.

I’ve been with Evernote since 2010, paying. I stopped using it, now it has so many changes, I remember a simple click to get thing from the web, howto email something to a file. Now no notebook display. The list is not the same feature. I prefer the older notebook, the listing was how you shared, the  visual display of books was an improvement, now it seems fine backard. Bring back books

Archived