Issues with the new release v7

Hi there,

After an upgrade on High Sierra, the following issues discovered almost straight away.

1. In snippets view the top most note title is not show (see screenshot)

2. Recent notes now part of shortcuts?? and also can't be removed (screenshot is attached)

3. In list view search results are not displayed

I hope Evernote team can fix it soon, because they are really annoying.

LcIR4ntO.jpg

7N_Gp0rI.jpg

iuQXUdE9.jpg

iI2upeOH.jpg

I just upgraded to V.7 on High Sierra and each time I close the main Evernote window, the progam crashes. Are there any fixes for this issue? I saved the crash log, but it's 1.2MB and therefore too large to upload.

Thanks,

Tania

2 hours ago, Daderdog said:

I have been a user for years and generally am very happy. That said, I am frustrated that I cannot control that recent notes are displayed in the shortcut list. I really would like this to be optional. Any ideas? Thanks

Me too. I feel the same way and have decided to stick to 6.13.3 which gives an uncluttered sidebar interface. So far, I am afraid that is the only solution so far.

It's interesting how Evernote has insisted on the completely unnecessary big green new note buttons on all platforms. But on the Windows client, you can't even display Recent Notes if you actually wanted to, while you can't get rid of it on the Mac (unless you forefeit shortcuts alltogether).

It makes absolutely no sense.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, pgdahl said:

stick to 6.13.3 which gives an uncluttered sidebar interface. So far, I am afraid that is the only solution so far.

I also like an uncluttered sidebar.  It's obtainable in v75a8b477d63951_ScreenShot2018-02-19at13_53_43.png.dfc6685c5167cbbae5cd9b4f176645ae.png

>>you can't get rid of it on the Mac (unless you forefeit shortcuts alltogether).

As per the issue reported above.

I "forfeited" all the lists, and only display them when I need them
Recent Notes is still displayed, but it's less obtrusive

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I also like an uncluttered sidebar.  It's obtainable in v7

5a8b43a60e81c_ScreenShot2018-02-19at13_36_05.png.2d31066a3a4cfcc1da7ea2102ff530e9.png

Stop regurgitating that bullshit. 

17 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As per the issue reported above.
I "forfeited" all the lists, and only display them when I need them

We've discussed this before. 1) You still are not getting rid of recent notes. They will appear, when you click on your shortcuts. 2) YOU HAVE TO CLICK TWICE TO GET TO YOUR CONTENT.

In other words, if you don't like a cluttered interface, why don't you come together with the rest of us and demand recent notes to become voluntarily, instead of being a troll.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, pgdahl said:

why don't you come together with the rest of us and demand recent notes

I'm not into "demanding" features
I would be willing to add my vote if someone posts a feature request

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I'm not into "demanding" features
I would be willing to add my vote if someone posts a feature request

Why the quotes? I don't mean "demanding", I mean demanding.

Also, this has nothing to do with requesting features. Like when a forcefed goose asks to please not have more corn forced down its throat.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Daderdog said:

OK. So how did you do that?

The sidebar width is adjustable.  Just click on a the inner margin and drag.5a8b4b0139695_ScreenShot2018-02-19at14_08_12.png.49ab046aca12fed3a53ec9545439dea0.png
At it's minimum width only icons are displayed

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, pgdahl said:

Why the quotes? I don't mean "demanding", I mean demanding.

I was quoting text from your post.  It seems to be an appropriate use of the quote symbol  :)

>>Also, this has nothing to do with requesting features.

Evernote has a Shortcuts List feature that now includes the list of Recent Notes.  
In previous versions, the Recent Notes feature was a separate list in the sidebar.

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

I was quoting text from your post.  It seems to be an appropriate use of the quote symbol  :)

>>Also, this has nothing to do with requesting features.

Evernote has a Shortcuts List feature that now includes the list of Recent Notes.  
In previous versions, the Recent Notes feature was a separate list in the sidebar.

You are a troll. Nothing less, nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived