iOSx public sharing of note link is broken

Heads up - was having issues sharing public links with people who did not have Evernote.  Was on a tech support session yesterday and was told it is a #KnownIssue and iOSx public sharing is broken.  The workaround is to use Mac app or web browser to share all public links.  

After a bit of quick testing on my end, it seems broken from 

1. trying to share a public link FROM MY iOS device
    1. shares a dead/unresponsive link that recipient cannot open if not using Evernote app 
    2. if the recipient has Evernote app - tries to launch the app (not a browser) and put you in an infinite loop (spinning circle - finding note dialogue box )  
  2. trying to open a shared public link ON MY iOS device 
    1. in this instance, as I have Evernote, it tries to launch Evernote (not a browser) and puts me in an infinite loop (spinning circle - finding note dialogue box ) 

Was informed that there is no timetable for a fix.  Was informed that the fix would probably come in the next inline update - UGH!!!!  

If anyone else sees a fix or has a better workaround, would love to hear about it.  Thanks!!!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbj312 said:

Heads up - was having issues sharing public links with people who did not have Evernote.

I was unable to replicate the error

Here's a link to a test  note I generated on my iPad https://www.evernote.com/shard/s10/sh/1468b23d-6bab-4dd7-9b86-3c4962807a1a/84f1c1e752547f3cc7452fe87f8a9eaf

Can you post a sample dead link  your app generated 

@DTLow 

1.below / attached is screen capture trying to use the link you sent.  was "opened" from MacBook using MacOS 10.12.6

2. below / attached is screen capture trying to use the link you sent was "opened" from iPhone X iOS 11.2.5

exactly the same action(s) when tested with Evernote support on Friday.  Evernote, after seeing the same error message(s), said #KnownIssue 

screen capture dead link evernote forum DTLow 20180218.jpg

iOSx 11.2.5 screen capture dead link evernote forum DTLow 20180218.jpg

@DTLow - always appreciate you (and others) with the wealth of knowledge you all have and share!!!

Sorry, if I was giving off the impression of trying to prove a point, was nothing more than a heads up after getting confirmation from Evernote Support late last week. IMHO the ability to share notes publicly, especially with people who do not use Evernote, highlights the power of the feature and gets them asking questions about Evernote (and increasing people who give Evernote a try).  

Thanks again for all you share, assist, and support here on the forums!!!  Count me a huge fan!!!

*** UPDATE *** latest iOSx update includes a fix for above issue.  Tested on my end and seems to be working again - YESSSS!!!!!

In App Store - it shows me version 8.9.1 and update notes list "a fix for opening public note links in notes" as a bug fix.  

Archived