Windows Version 6.9 issues

Downloaded 6.9 a few days ago and lost the ability to copy from the new pdf format and then paste into another document or email (even though, by right-clicking, Evernote allows me to copy).   Also cannot get new pdf format to pop-out when double-clicking.   It could be something in the new pdf display I am not understanding, but this function used to be intuitive and now it is not.

Also: when copying from an email or other document Evernote automatically adds lines to what I've copied, making it occupy twice as much space.

I have uploaded all Beta updates, but nothing seems to fix either issue.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, permachad said:

Downloaded 6.9 a few days ago and lost the ability to copy from the new pdf format and then paste into another document or email (even though, by right-clicking, Evernote allows me to copy).   Also cannot get new pdf format to pop-out when double-clicking.   It could be something in the new pdf display I am not understanding, but this function used to be intuitive and now it is not.

Also: when copying from an email or other document Evernote automatically adds lines to what I've copied, making it occupy twice as much space.

I have uploaded all Beta updates, but nothing seems to fix either issue.

Evernote changed the in-line PDF viewer to the Google like version which did take away some key functionality.  This was brought up in the beta threads but there has not been a response from EN as to whether the missing functionality will return.  I didn't care for the changes much either.  :(

• Level 5
21 hours ago, permachad said:

I've also had that happen, when copying from emails or some Websites, just today, in fact. I think it's due to some underlying, invisible and apparently unchangeable HTML coding. Neither simplifying formatting nor removing formatting fixes it. Not even pasting it into plain-text Notepad and copying it back! However, and very weirdly, I did just find that copying the text in the Evernote note and then pasting it into a brand-new note removed the extra lines.

I like to use Ctrl-Shift-V to paste plane text (without additional NewLines ;-). You can switch functionality of Ctrl-V (formatted paste) and Ctrl-Shift-V permanentely (Tools -> Option -> [X] Show advanced options -> Miscellaneous shortcut keys). Very nice!

But since one of the last versions, EN removed URL from pasted plane text. Stubborn correct - but stupid from my view because having text with underlying URLs is very helpfull and does not malform any formatting.

• 2 weeks later...

Two issues, both old but one was fixed, has returned, other is annoying:

1) When using a saved search, the message "Found notes with ...l" keeps appearing and disappearing which causes the list to jump up and down, sometimes rapidly.  This is not related to any particular search.  It has been in every version I can remember.  As my frustration level slowly grows with Evernote, I thought I should report this.5a98557838eb7_20180301ENissue.thumb.jpg.d911353b77747eef3cf481a3204d161a.jpg

2) Clipped notes using EN Windows clipper in Chrome appear empty, but going to info, history, current version the content is there.  However, sometimes importing the history gives a note that is still empty.  The note has correct content when viewed on the web, so it is there, but the Windows platform is causing this.  I thought this was fixed but am seeing it frequently in 6.9.7.6770

• Level 5*

1.  Got to Tools - Options - Search and uncheck Show assisted search assuming it is checked.

2.  Bug Report is the only option for this one that I can think of.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, eafpres said:

1.  Got to Tools - Options - Search and uncheck Show assisted search assuming it is checked.

Thanks!

You are welcome.

Archived