Edit Business Card Photo Scans on Windows desktop

rovengineer

Idea

One of the primary reasons I buy Evernote Premium is to scan business cards.  The OCR text is then easy to add to my contacts.  However, back at my Windows desktop I often want to add notes to the business card, edit an OCR error I did not notice when first scanning the card, or add a personal e-mail or phone number not on the card.  In version 6.7.5.5825, I was able to edit the text, but there was a bug that kept resetting the cursor back to the home position in the comments field.  In version 6.8 they fixed that bug by not allowing me to add notes - not exactly the fix I was looking for!

I currently work around this by creating a new note and merging it with the scanned card, but it would be easier to make changes directly to the original business card note.

1 reply to this idea

• Ex Employees
On 2/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, rovengineer said:

One of the primary reasons I buy Evernote Premium is to scan business cards.  The OCR text is then easy to add to my contacts.  However, back at my Windows desktop I often want to add notes to the business card, edit an OCR error I did not notice when first scanning the card, or add a personal e-mail or phone number not on the card.  In version 6.7.5.5825, I was able to edit the text, but there was a bug that kept resetting the cursor back to the home position in the comments field.  In version 6.8 they fixed that bug by not allowing me to add notes - not exactly the fix I was looking for!

I currently work around this by creating a new note and merging it with the scanned card, but it would be easier to make changes directly to the original business card note.

This is now fixed in version 6.9. Please select Help > Check for Updates to install it. Please let me know if you're unable to edit business cards on 6.9. Thanks!

Archived