Bug - Evernote Desktop 6.9.6.6729 Folder Import Doesn't Import HTML Files

I'm trying to import some HTML files from another note taking app using the Tools>Import Folder option, per the Evernote help page. I've unpacked the zip file, but Evernote will not import any of the HTML files in the folder. It did import the JPGs (approx 8 of them) but won't touch the HTML files.

My monthly upload just reset so I don't think that's at issue. The files names are just alphanumerics; my path is just to a folder on my desktop.

Anybody else seeing this issue?

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's not necessarily a 'bug' if a process doesn't work the way you'd like it to - have you tried opening these HTML files in a browser to check that they are valid files?  Have you checked Evernote to see whether the notes were actually imported?  There's an option in Import Folders either to leave imported files in the folder,  or to delete them.  The fact the files are still there doesn't necessarily mean they weren't imported...

Are these files names or contents repetitive?  Evernote will only import a file once,  and seems to check the hash on files to verify that they contain new information before importing.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Grant G said:

I'm trying to import some HTML files from another note taking app using the Tools>Import Folder option, per the Evernote help page. I've unpacked the zip file, but Evernote will not import any of the HTML files in the folder. It did import the JPGs (approx 8 of them) but won't touch the HTML files.

As a  test, you could try changing the extension of the .html file

Well, I won't get into what does or doesn't constitute a bug, but will try to better explain what I've tried and why it isn't providing an expected result. :)

I have a folder of .html files that are not being imported into Evernote using the Tools>Import Folder. I am only wanting to do this as a one-time workflow (i.e. once I've gotten these imported I will remove the connection to that folder). I have the Import Folders options set to import to a notebook called Inbox and to retain files in the folder.

I have confirmed that the files are valid using my browser. I have confirmed that the items are not being imported into Evernote - no new items have been created in the target Inbox notebook and I have checked the desktop app, the web app, and my synced Android app. I have also confirmed that the total number of items in Evernote has not changed, so I don't think they're just getting hidden somewhere.

The filenames of the .html files are unique and do not repeat.

I have not yet tried changing the extension (sorry for the mixup, Android likes to autocorrect html to HTML - the files are currently .html), but I will try that in a little bit.

Again, for clarity, this is what I'm trying to do: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314308-How-to-import-from-other-note-apps-into-Evernote

• Level 5*

Try moving them to another folder on your PC and let Evernote see that folder is empty.

Then move them back while Evernote is running. EN may just think they are processed already.

Or set up a new temporary import folder, then move them to that folder so it is totally fresh and EN cannot possibly think they have been imported already.

So i did try all the suggestions and unfortunately, none worked.

Further digging through archives and searches seems to indicate this is a long standing issue with trying to import items from Google Keep, which I neglected to mention. So, my apologies for wasting time with an issue that's been around for a while.

In the end, I think I'm stuck sharing individual notes via the Android app from within Keep, which works perfectly, except for the fact that it has to be one at a time. Still, isn't that many at the moment and I should be able to transfer over what I need.

Archived