Restrict access to apps after time limit is over

Civils

How to set the time limit for particular apps like whatsapp/telegram etc., on windows 7 and block them once the time limit for that day is over?

There are extensions in chrome like Stay focused etc., but they are for blocking websites after time limit for that day is over.. Please suggest some free application to do the same with windows applications

Thanks in advance :)

I use RescueTime for tracking hours as far as how I spend my day and I believe their "Get Focused" option allows you to block websites and apps. 

Give it a try, it might provide what you are looking for.

12 hours ago, TK0047 said:

I use RescueTime for tracking hours as far as how I spend my day and I believe their "Get Focused" option allows you to block websites and apps. 

Give it a try, it might provide what you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Does it limits time for apps too?

8 hours ago, Civils said:

8 hours ago, Civils said:

You are welcome. I looked into it a little bit more, I don't think it blocks apps but it has integration with other apps and tools such as IFTTT. You might find a way. It does track the amount you spend on apps and you can categorize an app as VERY DISTRACTING and it will be logged that way. So at the end of the way you  can see your focus/productivity score and see how much time you spent on that app etc.

Check this link out for more info:

https://www.rescuetime.com/focustime

Archived