Why does search autosuggestion work differently in the Mac app than the iOS app?

As an example, let's say I have a tag "2016 Conferences".

In the iOS app, I can type either "2016" or "Conferences", and the tag will come up in the autosuggestions.

In the Mac app, it seems I have to type the tag precisely correct letter by letter, from the start, in order for it to come up in the autosuggestions.  So typing "Conferences" doesn't trigger the tag.

Do other folks observe this, as well?  Is there any remedy to it, to make it more like the iOS app?  It makes searching a lot more frustrating.

I had not noticed this. I just tried it on my iPhone and found the tag "Cheat Sheet" with "Sheet" only. At work, I have a PC so that does not suggest any of the tags in the search bar so I cannot test it out.

But made me think that, it should be like that across all the platforms, like the iOS app search. I agree with you.

• Level 5*

Evernote has a common editor project but I don't know if this is included

There is a feature request posted for this; please indicate your support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

12 hours ago, DTLow said:

Evernote has a common editor project but I don't know if this is included

There is a feature request posted for this; please indicate your support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

Thanks for the heads up.  I just gave it an upvote.

Archived