Dates are not phone numbers

I like to keep a log of my weight. But Evernote is convinced that I am typing in phone numbers. As you can see below, it treats each entry - a date and a weight - as a link to a phone number. If I touch any blue entry, I get a popup to call that number. I tried formatting in several different ways, but it is always interpreted as a link.

If I type out the month instead of using numbers, it works differently - and still incorrectly.  It ignores Jan and Feb, but notices Mar is a date, and turns it into a calendar link, so it isn't consistent and so isn't very useful, even if I wanted months to be links. 

What I really want is NO LINKS. I don't want Evernote trying to guess what is a phone number or what is a date. Is there any way to accomplish that?

IMG_2508.thumb.png.03081f0d2c705bac61b809e480077127.png

By the way, on MacOS, the "Mar 01" is not treated as a calendar link, but the number only dates are treated as phone numbers.

I was not able to find a setting but I did use 3 "-", that's when it did not create the link.

01/01 --- 160.0

Worked. Two dashes did not work. Only when I used 3 dashes. It might be a workaround for the time being for you.

17 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

I was not able to find a setting but I did use 3 "-", that's when it did not create the link.

01/01 --- 160.0

Worked. Two dashes did not work. Only when I used 3 dashes. It might be a workaround for the time being for you.

Thanks, that does seem to work. The dashes are weird - the first two are close together but the third one inserts a space between itself and the previous one. Not sure what is going on. I have also found that "Jan 160.0" does not create a phone link, so in this particular case that works as a workaround too.

In general, Evernote seems way too overzealous in creating links. I have several notes where a series of numbers are treated as a phone link when they are not. And numeric dates are usually turned into links, but not always. I wish you could just turn off links all together.

Archived