are import folders synced to cloud?

So I'm using the awesome feature of automatically importing folders into Evernote.   

What happens when I uninstall Evernote?  Do I have to re-add every folder again?   

I don't see any backup or export option.  

,Ricky   

• Level 5*

Notes in import folders are imported into Evernote notebooks  in the database on your local machine. If a notebook is a local notebook, then it's never synced to the Evernote servers (that's the definition of a local notebook). If the notebook is a standard (i.e., non-local) notebook, then it will be synced to the Evernote servers. 

If you uninstall Evernote, you may need to set up your import folders again; I'm not sure.

But the point is that import folders are a conduit to getting external files into Evernote, but they are not part of your Evernote note collection.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Ricky said:

I also use import folders (Mac) and agree its a useful tool.
Moving files to an import folder result in them being imported to an Evernote note; then deleted.

So, by definition the import folder is empty; waiting for the next file.  Not really a candidate for backup or exporting.

>>What happens when I uninstall Evernote?  Do I have to re-add every folder again? 

The folder itself will not be affected by uninstalling Evernote.

The configuration is local to the computer.  
On Macs, the configuration is external but in Windows it's an Evernote setting
On reinstalling, you will have to "re-add" your configuration for the import folders

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ricky said:

So I'm using the awesome feature of automatically importing folders into Evernote.   

What happens when I uninstall Evernote?  Do I have to re-add every folder again?   

,Ricky   

Yes. The setting that control what your import folders are and how they work are not synced to the cloud. 

I have a note that is a screen clip of those settings so I can set them up again in a fresh install.  

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Ricky said:

If you selected the delete option under source when you created the import folder relationship in EN you would have to recreate the Windows folders should you stop using EN.  

You can do this if you maintain the folder relationship in EN, perhaps tag with the folder name.  This can be a problematic depending upon number of folders and files, etc.  To get the attachments out you can highlight the folder notes and select Save Attachments and then save them to a folder.

Archived