Things I wish I could do with notes

xanabasis

A wish list, I guess.

I clip a lot of stories, articles, reviews – for research, or the basis for further work. This involves subsequent organization into overlapping and constantly developing areas of interest. I find myself wanting to be able to do two things:

1. Highlight and annotate text in notes.
I know you can do this with pdfs, but I wish I could highlight text selections or add comments to things in notes – much in the way I might use a highlighter in a physical book or notebook, or scribble some comment in the margin.

2. Add the same new tag to multiple notes.
My areas of interest overlap. I notice a connection between tag A and tag B. They're separate things, but there's an overarching relationship, so I want to add a tag C. Instead of opening all the notes with tag and tag B singly, and adding the new tag to each of them, I wish I could do this with a single action. Or two actions. Search for notes with tag A, add tag C to every note on the whole list of results. Same with tag B.

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-09 at 11:43 AM, xanabasis said:

2. Add the same new tag to multiple notes.

On my Mac, selecting multiple notes opens a block action box5a81f97662c1b_ScreenShot2018-02-12at12_30_30.png.2981c86be6fc4a983f9d8bc50ee2b9dd.png

I can do mass actions like adding tags

>>1. Highlight and annotate text in notes.

The Mac also has a highlight tool
No annotation; I have to convert to pdf of image

5a81faf15206e_ScreenShot2018-02-12at12_35_04.png.8cb5e47c419084dc20b75c9c9023a451.png

“Her library would have been valuable to a bibliophile except she treated her books execrably. I would rarely open a volume that she had not desecrated by underlining her favorite sections with a ball-point pen. Once I had told her that I would rather see a museum bombed than a book underlined"― Pat Conroy, The Prince of Tides

Archived