Locking individual Notes

RXT1885

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, RXT1885 said:

Have the ability to lock individual notes, e.g., a password-protected note. It's available in OneNote

Until/if EN adds this functionality you can use the service Filterize.  Here is a definition of their read-only/don't delete add in - https://filterize.net/2017/12/13/115003411651-here-s-how-easily-you-can-protect-your-notes/.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 2018-02-08 at 5:17 AM, RXT1885 said:

Have the ability to lock individual notes, e.g., a password-protected note. It's available in OneNote

Evernote only offers encryption (password) for specific text within a note.  
I also encrypt my sensitive data via encrypted attachments.

I'm curious how you feel password protected notes should be displayed in Evernote.

• Title only?
  • Included/Excluded from text search?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, RXT1885 said:

Thanks, but I misleadingly used the word "lock". I was primarily interested in password-protecting the note, a lock was secondary -- but it was a helpful post

Yeah, multiple threads in the forums re password protecting notes, hopefully they and their voting will be consolidated into one at some point.

Password protecting individual notes is important to me and would be a VERY welcome feature. I work in a small office and Evernote contains a lot of important info for our team as well as my personal stuff. I'm not keen on creating a second separate account. Will Evernote listen? Or shall I just quit Evernote and start a Bear account?