Bug in last Evernote PC app

Hello. I updated my Evernote app on Windows10, version 6.8.7.6387 (306387) Public. And there is a specific behavior in this version. If I open some note, set cursor at the end, press Enter to go to new line or just set cursor on empty line, then copy some text or URL from web page, return to note and press Ctrl+V...text is not inserted. Even if I return to note and set cursor on that position again it is not inserted. So I have click twise and insert text or type text. Before updating I could set cursor in any position in note, switch to other app and return, and cursor would be there- I just typed or copied text in that position. Now cursor focus is lost each time I switched to browser or text editor.

+1
I experience problems keeping the cursor where it supposed.
Often the cursor is in the end of the note, without me putting it there.
Other times, the cursor is no longer there, making me have to klick in the page one more time.
It was not a problem before, and occure with one of the updates.

I had the cursor location issue with the update, especially when inserted images, logos into my notes. They would show up in different locations or my cursor would be somewhere after I inserted it.

One of the reasons why I went back to 6.7 until these bugs are removed.

• 1 month later...

I just want to confirm that I am experiencing the same bug as reported by other members. 

I click into a note, see the cursor in the appropriate position, hit CTRL+V and the cursor will jump to the bottom of the note and paste the information in the wrong place.

My workaround is to just hit the SPACE bar after clicking where I want the information pasted, then click back one space, then CTRL+V.

Here's hoping this gets fixed.

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

When you say "you" ???
@hochbar made the post on February 7 - If you need answer to what version, maybe it was the current version on that date?

@gazumped: You state in your signature that you work with latest Evernote betas. Are you supporting the development? It would be nice if the developers would fix simple issues with the software that users are paying money to use.

We are not taking the time to complain in this forum to be better then any one else.
We are not taking the time to be the best forum user and do study and learn how to do everyghing in the best way posible.
Meny of us only want to help the Evernote Developers to fix issues and ask for features.

If Evernote do not want that kind of feedback, please close the forum or ban users like me.

• Level 5*

@hakont - sorry if my query offended you;  it was actually aimed at the last post from @BWB rather than yourself,  and I asked the question because 1) a post some time ago may mean that the query has been overtaken by subsequent updates and 2) a post yesterday doesn't mean the poster is using the latest version. 

Since (like a few others here) I'm a volunteer user supporting other users in my own time I like to be reasonably sure that I'm not wasting that time commenting on something which is already fixed. 

Developers do value any feedback or comments here,  ranting or otherwise and neither they nor I believe that commenters are trying to be better than any one else,  nor do we believe that we're better than anyone.  The demands of time though do mean that my comments are (usually) likely to be short and to the point.  If that comes over as abrupt,  then I apologise.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, hakont said:

@gazumped: You state in your signature that you work with latest Evernote betas. Are you supporting the development? It would be nice if the developers would fix simple issues with the software that users are paying money to use.

??? gaz, like many other users, uses the latest beta release, and reports bugs. Yes, that "supports the development". Why would that be a problem? And is there anyone who disagrees that Evernote's developers should fix bugs?

Oh, and gaz takes his own time (a lot of it) to help other Evernote users to use Evernote better, including finding fixes to their problems, and possible workarounds. He has helped literally thousands of other users in the forums, in fact.. And that's exactly what he was trying to do here.

I started experiencing this problem only recently in Evernote for Windows 6.10.3.6921 (306921) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387). The cursor sometimes jumps to the bottom of the note when Enter or Spacebar or Tab are clicked.

Thanks!

Why is there always one dude in forums like this that's constantly trying to convince everyone else that the software is perfect, the problems you're experiencing aren't real, and if they are real they're your own fault?

Anyway, I can confirm that on Windows 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829) I am experiencing an obvious bug whereby clicking once within the text field of a note does not successfully place the cursor in the indicated position in order to start typing (or to paste text from the clipboard, as the case may be). A second click is required to get the cursor correctly placed and activated. This can't possibly be the desired behavior, and it wasn't the behavior observed in previous versions. It's a bug.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, iron0012 said:

Why is there always one dude in forums like this that's constantly trying to convince everyone else that the software is perfect, the problems you're experiencing aren't real, and if they are real they're your own fault?

Wow he sounds like an idiot.  Glad I didn't say any of that.  Sadly my version of 6.11.2 is still working for me - quite unusually judging by some comments about going back to previous versions...

• 2 weeks later...

Experiencing same problem as mentioned above in version 6.11.2.7027 (307027) for Windows 10 - (64 bit) although with slight modifications: 

There's a difference between when im working on my pc in the "overview mode" (The Evernote desktop, one could call it?), working on the note in the right side of the window, with the left side bar of other notes still visible AND when I double click on the note, and work on it in a full window - only this note visible. 

1) Overview mode/Evernote Desktop: Every time I exit the note to go to antoher open window - in my browser for instance - i go back to evernote, to write, paste or copy, delete, whatever and eventhou the cursor is blinking - as if active and ready - nothing happpens when i enter or write. I need to double click the note EVERY TIME i go back and forth.

2) Inside Note: Here its the exactly same bug, BUT only the first time i want to edit the note. From here on - when I've double clicked - it seems as if, I have "activated" it, and it works continously, as I enter and exit the note, shuffling back and forth in my work flow.

The bug - for me - is a recent thing - 2018 something... - but I never wrote down which version introduced the bug unfortunately. Maybe someone else did?

My workaround: Either getting rid og Evernote entirely or entering every note and NOT using overview mode - which is pretty annoyning, as I often shuffle from note to note, and like to use the "recent" tab a lot. It's about ease and convenience - and im a convenient kinda guy.

Maybe this helps?

I know exactly the issue being described.  Everyone works different.  In my specific case, I can be in another app (e.g. Google Chrome), then go back to Evernote ...  I highlight some text in a note using drag with the mouse ...  I do a ctrl-c to copy the selected text to the clipboard ... but as soon as the ctrl key is depressed the selected text is de-selected.  I have to re-select the text and then the ctrl key doesn't misbehave subsequently (until I change focus back to another app).  I don't think it is specific to the ctrl key though, more like ANY key.  Using Evernote now is a PITA if one does a lot of copying / pasting and switching apps.  Problem started in 2018.

Haven't bothered with a bug ticket because Evernote also stuffed up text formatting a few months ago.  I use 'bullet points' and 'indents without bullet points' (all on the toolbar) a lot.  For the past few months, having indents without bullet points stuffs the next line that does have a bullet point (doesn't line up with previous bullet points).  I actually submitted a ticket at the time and Evernote confirmed the issue.  They advised it had been passed on to the developers and CLOSED the ticket ... can you believe that !  First crew I have encountered that closes a bug ticket BEFORE it is resolved.  Two upgrades later and the indent problem hasn't been dealt with !!!  Far out.

• 4 weeks later...

This bug is still an issue and is quite problematic.  I am also using 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829). I work in Evernote about 6 hours a day twice a week (minimum) on calls where I copy and paste continually for screen shots between notes as presenters are going through materials. The two click to ensure proper focus is killing me. I am considering dropping my business subscription as I am losing content I am trying to capture because I have to ensure that I click twice when switching applications. I might as well just use Word or OneNote and forego some of the other features because getting the content in is more important.  Evernote Guys you have to resolve this. It is more than a mere inconvenience. 

• 1 month later...
  • Ex Employees
On 4/30/2018 at 1:24 AM, KymC said:

I actually submitted a ticket at the time and Evernote confirmed the issue.  They advised it had been passed on to the developers and CLOSED the ticket ... can you believe that !  First crew I have encountered that closes a bug ticket BEFORE it is resolved. 

We added your support ticket as another report of the issue which helps increase its priority. Since the bug is confirmed, and in the development team's backlog the agent closed the ticket.
We're now just waiting on the fix to be included in a release. Fortunately, the fix has been recently identified and should be out in an upcoming release. We're working on ways to automatically update you when the status of a known issue changes, but you can always reply back to agent's last email to get an update. 

I'll post an update here as soon as I know what release will have the fix. Thanks again for your patience. 

I've also had this problem for quite some time, and it is VERY annoying, and sometimes causes loss of data, too since ctrl z doesn't always work, either.  Presently running version 6.11.2.7027, as other users have reported.  Please try to fix this bug as quickly as you can!  Thanks.

Archived