(Archived) Saved Searches future direction?

• [*:3541a] Is the limit of 32 Saved Searches permanent or will this limit be removed once EN3 goes out of beta?
    [*:3541a] Will phrase match in Saved Searches include non-alphanumerical character so that the saved search "@next" does not match "next"?

Unlimited, character dependent saved searches are quite important to me.

Of lesser importance:

• [*:3541a] Will Saved Searches ever (as in, once EN3 is out of beta) support attribute searches or will Saved Searches remain limited to queries only?

Will Saved Searches ever (as in, once EN3 is out of beta) support attribute searches or will Saved Searches remain limited to queries only?

Attribute searches are, actually, simple queries (or simple pre-defined saved searches, if you like).

For example, if you put the mouse over the 'Attribites > Contains > Images' attribute, a hint will pop up showing the query used for that attribute (resource:image/* which means match all resource attributes starting with image/).

You can use this query in search bar and in saved searches too, combining with other ones, e.g.:

resource:image/* tag:art

-- find notes that are tagged with 'art' and contain image(s)

todo:false -todo:true tag:important -"project1"

-- find notes that have unchecked checkboxes, don't have any checked checkboxes and tagged with 'important' and don't contain the exact word "project1".

That is great! Thank you for the detailed response. :)

What about the first two items?

• [*:ec2bc] Is the limit of 32 Saved Searches permanent or will this limit be removed once EN3 goes out of beta?
    [*:ec2bc] Will phrase match in Saved Searches include non-alphanumerical character so that the saved search "@next" does not match "next"?

That is great! Thank you for the detailed response. :)

What about the first two items?

• [*:b0391] Is the limit of 32 Saved Searches permanent or will this limit be removed once EN3 goes out of beta?
    [*:b0391] Will phrase match in Saved Searches include non-alphanumerical character so that the saved search "@next" does not match "next"?

I can't say anything particular right now, as I have not enough information on the future direction of these features.

Thanks iafanasyev, appreciate the reply. Hope we'll be able to have more than 32 saved searches.

My fear is that the idea is to make EN 100% the same across its various platforms; which means the restrictions of one platform (say web or pocket pc) *have* to be forced upon the other platform as well.

My fear is that the idea is to make EN 100% the same across its various platforms; which means the restrictions of one platform (say web or pocket pc) *have* to be forced upon the other platform as well.

No, we are surely not going to do that. We do want to make our UI consistent across platforms, but that doesn't mean we will drop features just because they can't be implemented on some client.

No, we are surely not going to do that. We do want to make our UI consistent across platforms, but that doesn't mean we will drop features just because they can't be implemented on some client.

That is most certainly good news! I had been thinking about that, and hoping that wasn't the limitation that was holding back some of the EN2.2 functionality. :)

Archived