How do I upgrade from ancient version Mac 3.3.0

I have been using Evernote 3.3.0 for years, nearly every day, on Mac, currently OS 10.10.5. I was reluctant to upgrade for a long time fearing the user interface would become cluttered and unfamiliar. Now I think I had better upgrade. But when I open the Evernote menu, Check for Updates, I get "Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.". I suspect this is because my version is so old. I will appreciate advice on how to update. I currently have 577 notes, and it appears to be syncing on every use. When I go to the online web access, my most recent edits are there. Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-06 at 1:52 PM, Eric_M said:

I currently have 577 notes, and it appears to be syncing on every use. When I go to the online web access, my most recent edits are there.

The discussion has been moved to the Mac forum

The master version of your notes is stored on the evernote servers (viewed by web access)

My solution would be to completely remove Evernote from your device; app, database, ...
The app AppCleaner is recommended for this

Then install the latest version of the software, login to your account, and the database will be rebuilt from the servers
Warning, the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

Archived