feature request: stacks in shortcuts

ej8899

Idea

I'd really love to see "stacks" in shortcuts.  Yes, I know we can add a notebook stack, but I would really like to see a stack where I can add tags, saved searches, notebooks, even individual notes.

I've got a system in place currently where I have a tag in bold and purple such as "--| STACK ITEM" and my 'group' of items below it, until the next stack item separator.  Awesome would be able to have this is an "official stack" that I could open and close, move the entire stack into a different order, etc.

5a78e8f7c222d_evernotefeaturerequest-shortcutstacks.thumb.png.81e7b2e8f4136cc1b09f4f8caff27cad.png

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ej8899 said:

I'd really love to see "stacks" in shortcuts.  Yes, I know we can add a notebook stack, but I would really like to see a stack where I can add tags, saved searches, notebooks, even individual notes.

Your use of the word stacks is confusing, but I agree with the request and added my vote.

I disabled the Shortcuts section and use scripts (Mac).  I also agree the hierarchy should expand/collapse

I like the idea and added my vote.

I love the shortcuts like many people however I would like to be able to color code them too. The tags I saved under Shortcuts stick out as they are colored but the saved notes or saved searches just blend in. And without the option to "Stack" as suggested, it gets really hard to quickly locate an item under the Shortcuts especially if that list is a long one.

Overall I would like to see more customization such as color coding notes, searches and being able to "stack" the Shortcuts as well. Hopefully this will make it soon. 

Even stacks as "TAGS", "SEARCHES", "NOTES" would be an improvement. 

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote does support an unlimited tag hierarchy on some platforms.  I use it on my Mac

I mean under the SHORTCUTS area on the sidebar. I do have tag hierarchy otherwise.

• Level 5*

I got excited when I looked at an apparently 'stacked' shortcut,  but it turned out that if you set up a shortcut to a top level notebook stack,  you get a dropdown of the child notebooks too.  Neat! 

Search shortcuts can't be styled with bold or colors,  but tags and notebooks can.  Searches can always be manually moved into groups,  or renamed with special characters.

There's a logical system in there somewhere waiting to get out... :huh:

Archived