security access for different user on different shared notes

Hi,

I am trying to see if EN can be used for my company, I had been using the single person vision for two years now.

My question will be: I got 5 users, each has different role, three of us need to have access to all the shared notes while two other person should only have access to their own departement/notes.

Is this possible? I don't want to sign up just to find out I can't do that.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Depending on the number of notebooks you need to share this should be possible in the personal app - just have one notebook for each department and share one notebook to the individuals with limited access,  and all notebooks with the rest. 

It's also possible to do this with Evernote Business where the business is effectively a separate entity to individual users,  each of whom can be assigned different access permissions.

If you decide to go ahead I'd recommend a careful trial with test data before you commit - effective collaboration and sharing requires a degree of knowledge from and co-operation with colleagues that takes a little time to build up...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mike Yang said:

My question will be: I got 5 users, each has different role, three of us need to have access to all the shared notes while two other person should only have access to their own departement/notes.

Use the access control on shared notebooks.  This is assigned on a per user basis

as per @gazumped, you can set up department notebooks

Archived