Is there a key to refresh the screen in Evernote?

I'm using Evernote 6.9.2.6423 on desktop Windows 7/64. My usual screen display is Left Panel, Note List and Note Panel.

In several versions lately, once in a while the Note Panel freezes. I can edit the note (or any note) by right-click or CNTRL-ENTER but thereafter the Note Panel does not update. Clicking on other notes on the Note List does not update the Note Panel either.

I'm looking for a key sequence to make Evernote display refresh  itself.

Edited to add: closing down En completely, then using Windows Task Manager to close, then restarting Evernote does fix it, but this is a time consuming event. :(

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't think there is an alternative to 'refresh' Evernote - it's either active or frozen,  and freezing requires a restart.  Does Task Manager give you any clues as to why Evernote freezes?  Is it devouring any system resources despite the lack of apparent activity?

• Level 5*
On 2/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, TdeV said:

I'm using Evernote 6.9.2.6423 on desktop Windows 7/64. My usual screen display is Left Panel, Note List and Note Panel.

In several versions lately, once in a while the Note Panel freezes. I can edit the note (or any note) by right-click or CNTRL-ENTER but thereafter the Note Panel does not update. Clicking on other notes on the Note List does not update the Note Panel either.

I'm looking for a key sequence to make Evernote display refresh  itself.

Edited to add: closing down En completely, then using Windows Task Manager to close, then restarting Evernote does fix it, but this is a time consuming event. :(

If the note panel is "stuck", try a File - Exit and restart of EN.

Archived