Import Folder Problem

I've set up a watch folder in Evernote, and the auto upload function is working correctly.  However, after files are uploaded they aren't being deleted from the watch folder.  I have set the action to "Delete" but it's not happening.  This results in duplicate notes if I do not manually delete the files from the watch folder.

How do I correct this problem?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, dadoph said:

image.png.540423b661f483fa39be5cbee051d7a8.png

Mine looks just like yours.  And, Evernote restarts when I shutdown and restart the computer.  Not sure what to do other than maybe remove the folder and re-add it?

Good idea.

• Level 5*

The only thing that I can think of is that perhaps the files you've added to the import folder are in use by some other application, and therefore can't be deleted? Or maybe the file permissions on the files somehow prevent deletion? I'll test that if I get a chance. It seems like you'd get a warning for that, I suppose. You should check the Activity Log for the time that you added a file. (Help / Activity File)

• Level 5*

I had this experience a couple of times - it can depend on the app you're using to process these files before moving them to the upload folder.  If the file is still locked by that app,  Evernote won't (can't) delete it.

Some word processors and email clients are very possessive of their allegedly completed content - not sure if its still the case but I've had to close Word down to 'release' a file before now,  and I had problems with scanning direct to that folder - the scanner creates a new file when it starts the process.  Evernote immediately tries to grab it,  even if there's no content yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problems.  Trying to import several folders.  Some partially imported and others not at all.  Deleted and readded one and that worked, but tried that with another and it didn't work.  According to my account summary I have 8 hours left in this month's downloads with 7.6GB remaining.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, qofmiwok said:

Trying to import several folders.

Hi.  How are you importing folders?  An import folder can (I think) be one folder deep - ie it can contain a folder which has files - and those files will go into Evernote as individual notes.  Evernote doesn't do folder hierarchies,  so there's nowhere for a folder structure to go. 

I keep my import folders simple.  Each folder is linked to to a different notebook,  and I use a utility called DropIt to strip files out of any other location and move them to the appropriate import folders as single files.

Archived