Screenshot hotkey has stopped working

So, I've used CTRL-PRTSCR as the key combo for bringing up the screen clipper forever.

However, I'm now getting an error message (attached) no matter what hotkey combo I put into options.

Right-clicking the system tray icon and selecting "clip screenshot" works, but it's obviously nothing like as convenient.

Any suggestions?

EN_error_screenshot.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried rebooting your system?  I had (unrelated) problems with clipboard this week - after several reboots I moved on to Ditto from the Microsoft store to manage my clips from web to Word.  It has customizable shortcuts too...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried rebooting your system?  I had (unrelated) problems with clipboard this week - after several reboots I moved on to Ditto from the Microsoft store to manage my clips from web to Word.  It has customizable shortcuts too...

Yeah, multiple times. It hasn't worked since I reset W10 a few weeks ago and reinstalled everything fresh. Everything else seems fine, but not this. Confusing and annoying.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, mickeyjuice said:

Yeah, multiple times. It hasn't worked since I reset W10 a few weeks ago and reinstalled everything fresh. Everything else seems fine, but not this. Confusing and annoying.

Hmmn.  That does happen - here's an example question and response;  if you do a similar search for your browser type you may get something useful...  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/copy-paste-not-working-in-windows-10-file-explorer/0e279c06-6bce-43bc-a9dc-bfb7f554b948

Check your hotkey settings in Evernote's Options. If the key is not listed in the menu when you right-click on the tray icon, then someone else probably has that sequence registered. Whoever registers first, gets it. The only clue we can give is the (lack of) accelerator in that menu.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:04 AM, dconnet said:

Check your hotkey settings in Evernote's Options. If the key is not listed in the menu when you right-click on the tray icon, then someone else probably has that sequence registered. Whoever registers first, gets it. The only clue we can give is the (lack of) accelerator in that menu.

Solved. No idea why it wasn't there, but when I inserted a different key combo, that showed up, then when I went back to CTRL-PRSCR that was fine as well.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I got a tip for you if Clipper has suddenly stopped working on Windows 10 (x64).

A few minutes ago I wanted to use Evernote's own Clipper to make a screenshot and save it in a note in the same step. Well it didn't really work.
Then I remembered, that after a recent update of my browser (Opera), it refused to take screenshots of certain sites, that it considers private.

E.g. the Speed Dial page, which kind of makes some sense. So I used Windows 10's Snipping Tool.

image.png.1846c4543a4cbe04b9ba25e418243617.png

And by the way that was the browser extension (Web Clipper) and now I was in Excel and that seemed unrelated.

However something was strange as I pressed my shortcut, which is Evernote's default Win + Shift + S, I did't get the "crosshair" I'm used to, but the entire Screen went pale, as if I were using the Snipping Tool. But no window opened like it used to in Windows 7's time. Anyway I opened a blank note,pressed Ctrl + V and voila, there was a screenshot inserted.

It turns out that Windows 10 has stolen this Evernote's default shortcut Win + Shift + S for its own Snipping Tool and you have to change it to something else, if you'd like to use it. I'll go with the above mentioned Ctrl + PrintScreen.

image.png.bf91f0f97445b2ad34c71a3564f67130.png

Hope I could help some fellow victims ;)

Archived