Quicker tag selection (like on Android)

EverEvolve

Idea

I use tags to organize my notes instead of notebooks because they offer more levels. The tags are ordered by adding A., A.1, A.1.1, A.1.2 etc as prefixes.

On Android I can create a note, type any part of the tag into the tag box and the respective tag can then be selected. In the Windows client, this doesn't work as the search goes letter by letter.

So I need to check my tag structure first to find the right prefix and then type it in manually. Takes a lot longer than on Android.

Could you please bring this function to the windows client?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, EverEvolve said:

I use tags to organize my notes instead of notebooks because they offer more levels. The tags are ordered by adding A., A.1, A.1.1, A.1.2 etc as prefixes.

On Android I can create a note, type any part of the tag into the tag box and the respective tag can then be selected. In the Windows client, this doesn't work as the search goes letter by letter.

So I need to check my tag structure first to find the right prefix and then type it in manually. Takes a lot longer than on Android.

Have you tried unchecking Match tags by word prefix in the Tag Picker in Tools - Options - Navigation?

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Have you tried unchecking Match tags by word prefix in the Tag Picker in Tools - Options - Navigation?

Good hint, that did seem like a possible solution at first. However, I tried both with the option enabled and disabled. It doesn't make a difference unfortunately

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, EverEvolve said:

Good hint, that did seem like a possible solution at first. However, I tried both with the option enabled and disabled. It doesn't make a difference unfortunately

Yeah, my bad.  This only effects the Tag Picker process, not the tag selection/add process.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, EverEvolve said:

You can drag-and-drop tags from the Ctrl+Q quick search, or the Tag picker, onto the field in a note where your tags are.

Archived