Reorganize notebooks and tags

Tony Bus

Idea

Hello

When I started with evernote, I didn't study well how to organize notebooks and tags. So i did it a little bit spontaneous, as much people do.
As a result, i have a lot of unusefull tags and i have notebooks who should be tags.

After a few months i understand I have to reorganize my notebooks and tags. I have a lott of notes and a lot of tags, when i must do this, note by note and tag by tag this is impossible for me.

For the notebooks, it is not a problem since it is easy to take all the notes in a notebook and put it in another notebook.in one action.

But for the tags it is a big problem. It should be possible to give a same tag to many notes in one action and not note by note.

It should also be usefull to delete many tags with one move or to give many tags the same name in one move.

It should be a great help for me if someone has tips for me, how to do this,

thanks for answering,

Tony

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-26 at 10:23 PM, Tony Bus said:

But for the tags it is a big problem. It should be possible to give a same tag to many notes in one action and not note by note.

Block actions are available on the Mac5a6f49bea4243_ScreenShot2018-01-29at08_18_31.png.b14aab160d2a2a33f2abaed8de617056.png
Select multiple notes and a box will open up
Make sure you apply the new tag before deleting the old tag
(it changes the search results and the notes disappear)

In case it's not clear what DTLow meant, you do a search for all the notes you want to give a particular tag to.

Then hit Command + A and all these notes will be selected and the window of options he posted in the image above will appear. 

You can then complete any of the actions allowed in this window, included adding the same tag to all of them (in the bottom field).

Archived