Automating the creation of pipeline tables?

GiacomoLaw

Hi all

I use pipelines to manage my tasks, and I was wondering if there was any way I could create a 4 across table that had dates for sixth months filled in on the left column, a blank 2nd column, `TO POST` filled in on the 3rd column, and an empty fourth column.

I was thinking about using the app called Workflow on iOS to do this, but I'm not sure how to and if there are any better ways to do it.

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

I was thinking about using the app called Workflow on iOS to do this, but I'm not sure how to and if there are any better ways to do it.

I'd be interested in seeing the Workflow script.  I'm able to create and populate a table using Applescript on my Mac

Regarding your task data.  I store each task as a separate note, and use the reminder feature for start/completion dates.  

You might find Evernote's Top List view useful (Mac/Win).  It's a table, and allows column selection

On 1/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, DTLow said:

I'd be interested in seeing the Workflow script.  I'm able to create and populate a table using Applescript on my Mac

Regarding your task data.  I store each task as a separate note, and use the reminder feature for start/completion dates.  

You might find Evernote's Top List view useful (Mac/Win).  It's a table, and allows column selection

I mean I'd like to create a table like this:

image.thumb.png.6d720d125d8c99e0216e39653f0ad462.png

Whenever I run the Workflow/script. I'd like the dates, and status columns to be filled out. I use Windows, and iOS, and is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, GiacomoLaw said:

I use Windows, and iOS, and is this possible?

Sorry, these days I'm restricting my programming to Applescript on my Mac

Workflow on IOS looks interesting, but it's limited

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

Made it with Workflow!

https://workflow.is/workflows/ece35120885840478ee70556669bc4fb

Let's you set the first date, then makes it for 24 other dates. Markdown table is converted to rich text and saved to Evernote.

Thanks; Markdown > rtf > Evernote is clever
In my scripts, I was coding actual html

• Level 5*

Just for the record I'd suggest Airtable as an option - it's a programmable spreadsheet that could generate a new table with headings and settable dates...but you'd have to copy and paste the result into Evernote,  or paste a link to the table.

On 28/01/2018 at 1:05 PM, gazumped said:

Just for the record I'd suggest Airtable as an option - it's a programmable spreadsheet that could generate a new table with headings and settable dates...but you'd have to copy and paste the result into Evernote,  or paste a link to the table.

Tried out Airtable, never really liked it. The workflow I'm using is perfect for me. :)

Archived