Posting on Photos issue

DougFrye

Idea

Recently I am Selecting pictures from my desktop and pasting them into a note.

When the images are posted into the note they show up upside down.

I have attempted to Select all the images and rotate them clockwise.  When I do this, only the one that I can see to rotate actually gets rotated. 

All the other images in the note are deleted.

So two issues

1.  Evernote should not take an image in the first place and flip it upside down.

2.  When I select multiple images in a note and rotate them all. it should not delete the ones within the note I cannot see.

If you have any questions to clarify this issue let me know.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  This forum is -mainly- supported by users.  It's read by Evernote developers,  but has no link into other support channels.  The Support team is available on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not. 

I don't usually have a problem with images being rotated wrongly on my Win 10 system,  though occasionally images taken on the phone camera will come up sideways or upside down because (I believe) of the orientation data buried in that image file.  I fix such problems in XnView - free third party image editing software.  Their website offers 'batch' image processes so (I assume) the app should be able to take a number of pictures,  rotate them and re-save.

You may know that even if your request is followed up,  this is not something that Evernote is likely to have as a working feature in the foreseeable future.

https://www.xnview.com/en/

I have the same problem and just kept having it yesterday. I have the recent beta but it's happened before this. I take a photo with either the camera on my iPhone or the Evernote app and then when I save it the photo turns sideways. I usually have to redo it a few times to get one that stays straight. I don't think you are understanding the problem Guru. We shouldn't need a third party app to get photos that stay straight. 

And with the beta, I now have several new photos that show in the thumbnail but don't show at all in the note.

I thought this forum was for people using the beta software so I would expect the Evernote people to spend some time here. If they aren't here then there's no point in leaving any feedback.

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, slinkycat said:

I thought this forum was for people using the beta software so I would expect the Evernote people to spend some time here. If they aren't here then there's no point in leaving any feedback.

The forum here is, as the forum title suggests, for Evernote Windows Desktop Product Feedback. That's mainly feature requests and bug/issue reports. There are usually dedicated topics for particular beta and official releases. The Evernote staffers do tend to be more active in those topics.

Not sure what's happening with the photos. The following topic may be related (and it contains a link to an (ex-) Evernote employee's discussion: 

Beyond that, the Evernote Windows client does allow you to rotate your images directly in the note editor. Right-click on the image, and select either "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise" from the menu.

Every single photo that's correctly oriented on win 10 is oriented -90 degrees when I paste into evernote (6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539) )

It's really, really annoying and also a really obvious bug that only happens in 10 year old software that can't handle exif orientation data correctly

Archived