Remove Note History

onatbas

Idea

I'd like to be able to purge a note's history, or completely disable versioning for chosen notes.

I have a note with critical information, which in it's time had un-encrypted information in it. I'd like these previous versions to be removed. I can't simply remove the note and copy the contents to a new note because dozens of notes have internal links to it, creating a new note will break these internal links.

Best,
Onat

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, onatbas said:

I'd like to be able to purge a note's history, or completely disable versioning for chosen notes.

I see this as a niche requirement, and not likely to be implemented by Evernote

Users have options to control the Note History backup

1. Encryption
  2. As you indicated; replace the note with a new note
  3. Local Notebooks (you will need to backup your data)

Also as you indicated, users should be aware that encrypting data in a sync'd notebook has the possibility of unencrypted data being stored in backups.  This can be avoided by doing the encrypting outside of Evernote, or in a Local Notebook

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, onatbas said:

I have a note with critical information, which in it's time had un-encrypted information in it. I'd like these previous versions to be removed. I can't simply remove the note and copy the contents to a new note because dozens of notes have internal links to it, creating a new note will break these internal links.

Best,
Onat

If you copy the note to another notebook and delete the original the history will be deleted and cycle off EN servers.  Doesn’t help with links to the old note, would have to rebuild those as an effort or whenever you come across them.  FWIW. 

Archived