Evernote for Mac 6.14 Beta 2

Jason Creadore

Idea

Hello Everyone,

We are releasing version 6.14 Beta 2. The release mainly focuses on features for an upcoming release (more info here ) and also addresses search and sidebar child items. 

You can download it here, or check for updates to get the latest. 

Thanks,

Jason and the rest of the Mac team

-----------------

Release Notes for 6.14 Beta 2 

* Broaden or narrow search results to find items faster
* Sidebar user interface improvements for children items

* A fix for PDF annotation text being displayed in a truncated format
* Drag and drop improvements for High Sierra

19 replies to this idea

I downloaded the beta to get rid of the truncated text boxes... 

1. Now I'm finding that entering annotation mode and the saving of annotations are being delayed.. to the point it's unusable. I'm also noticed a general major slowdown.

2. I'm also getting tooltips on how to annotate... every time I open annotation

3. When I drag and drop an attachment file from my finder (mac) and try to add it after the first document on my note I find that it doesn't always send the file to the note. If I choose to position the file at the top of the note it always sends the file.

I've noticed a bug whereby editing a note when it's not in my default notebook moves it back to my default notebook. The edits are all saved, but I have to re-sort the note into the right notebook. Anyone else or just me? I'm using the app on a year old Macbook Air. 

• Level 5*
On 27/01/2018 at 3:13 PM, Metrodon said:

Snippet view - change to a new notebook and scroll. There is a considerable delay while the middle panel (snippets) are drawn - it's painful.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, keenerguy said:

This version keeps crashing on start up for me. I am really stuck as I keep a lot of files and information that I need to use in Evernote.

In Evernote 6.14 beta 2 it is no longer possible to control/right-click on a note to bring up the contextual menu with choices such as Duplicate Note, Delete Note, ...   One has to go to the Notes menu to choose the related command. This feature was lost somewhere in a previous release of Evernote and is important for working efficiently in EN. 

Will this be (hopefully) restored?

Since 6.14 beta 1, I saw a few times evernote show me the following:

5a708f3353e06_ScreenShot2018-01-30at16_26_38.png.91ead13e06db0a06484339e1fd3970ac.png

I can make it happen by doing the following:

• search for something in evernote
  • open one of the notes in the results
  • close both the opened note and the evernote main window
  • click on the evernote icon in the Dock.

When this happens I cannot use the "Clear" button to reset the search, clicking it does nothing. If I close the window and re-open it, the "(null)" gets cleared.

20 hours ago, Jay-Bob said:

Yes, if you click in the note editor first and then click and drag to select the image it will turn completely blue, and when you drag and drop to the desktop you'll get the untitled clipping. This is something the developers are investigating, but I don't have an estimate on a fix.

However, if you click once on the image and get the blue border outline, you can then successfully drag the image to the desktop. Definitely not the most intuitive for all workflows, but you should be able to get the image out of Evernote without having to enter into image gallery.

Here's an example:

pV5ctC2pSO.gif.8baffc8636fc257b89e86d4d85e01712.gif

This works. Thanks a lot!

48 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This happened when they implemented the image gallery feature in v6.12
We have to go to the image gallery view to drag-and-drop

Yeah, I had used this workaround but in the 6.14 beta 2 the image gallery does not work either ? I double click the image and nothing happens. In beta 1 the gallery showed up but dragndropping from it also gave me an untitled clipping...

Since I don’t care that much about the image gallery I figured I’d rather report the behavior that gives me trouble. 

• Ex Employees
1 hour ago, Vincent Noel said:

Something that's been giving me grief for a while : drag-n-drop an image file (e.g. PNG) in a note. Now drag-n-drop the same image file to the desktop. Instead of an image file, I get a file called "Untitled clipping" that I can't do anything with. This is very unconvenient.

5a60b3f612538_ScreenShot2018-01-18at15_49_03.png.12031f2c98e421a5a26a6005530d1b5e.png

Evernote mac Version 6.14 Beta 2 (456074 Direct)

Yes, if you click in the note editor first and then click and drag to select the image it will turn completely blue, and when you drag and drop to the desktop you'll get the untitled clipping. This is something the developers are investigating, but I don't have an estimate on a fix.

However, if you click once on the image and get the blue border outline, you can then successfully drag the image to the desktop. Definitely not the most intuitive for all workflows, but you should be able to get the image out of Evernote without having to enter into image gallery.

Here's an example:

pV5ctC2pSO.gif.8baffc8636fc257b89e86d4d85e01712.gif

Just downloaded this beta and still have the same notebook search issues I had on the last beta.  Note the attached screenshot:

• I"m searching cabinet and you can see as I type, the search engine selects GCR cabinet, not Cabinet.  
  • This does not improve as I complete, it sticks with GCR cabinet as my first choice.  
  • Also note it shows two of each notebook; cabinet and GCR cabinet.  I don't have two of each.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 10.00.03 AM.png

Something that's been giving me grief for a while : drag-n-drop an image file (e.g. PNG) in a note. Now drag-n-drop the same image file to the desktop. Instead of an image file, I get a file called "Untitled clipping" that I can't do anything with. This is very unconvenient.

5a60b3f612538_ScreenShot2018-01-18at15_49_03.png.12031f2c98e421a5a26a6005530d1b5e.png

Evernote mac Version 6.14 Beta 2 (456074 Direct)

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Jason Creadore said:

* Broaden or narrow search results to find items faster

Could you please expand on what this is, what it does, how to use it?  A short video would be great!

In fact, I'd love if you guys would start producing a short video showing the changes in each release.

Archived