Sharing notebooks bug report

nicholask1234

Idea

4 replies to this idea

@gazumped thank you for the reply. I found a workaround though. 

I used Chrome's DevTools to find the share button and change the display property of the share button. The share button worked, and now everything's fine. 

I am attaching a pictures to help anyone else with this problem.

1.png

2.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Something weird may be happening with your browser,  because I have several options to share in what I see - have you tried a different browser?  Incidentally the 'modify sharing' option you show in your second image may be worth exploring - presumably you can start sharing from there too...

59903a958851b_ScreenClip1.png.914177ac0a883761a9474d2279a13486.png59903a982388f_ScreenClip2.png.4cf4cd8d427fbb77e94a5c148a5385d6.png

I'm a premium customer, but started a new account for a new project of mine. On my old account, under a notebook, I have the option to share the notebook (green button underneath the notebook title). In the new account, that option does not exist. This issue is brought up here: 

but I can't imagine that the stated solution (changing the page code) is correct. I can only imagine that there is a bug in Evernote. It can't be a browser issue because if I log in with another account, the share button reappears. 

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, tek said:

I can only imagine that there is a bug in Evernote.

Hi. It's not a bug.  New accounts don't have the ability to Share immediately - someone pointed out that using that feature it would be easy to generate spam emails by sharing unwanted content to users with whom the account-holder had no connection.  So there's a 1-2 day wait for that feature to come into effect.

Meantime if you copy the public link to a single note and send that link to your colleagues,  they will be able to see the note in a 'view only' web browser.

Archived