Notes disappear from view when I remove the tag or word from the active search filter

Tim Bean

Idea

Problem Scenario A: I am editing tags on notes. I accidentally delete the tag from the note I’m editing… it’s the one from the search filter, So pOofff! the note disappears. I don't remember the titles if it was multiple notes. The same happens when I remove a word from a note, when having a search filter active for that word. 

Problem Scenario B: I restore a note from the trash: it disappears from the Trash can screen: I have to search for it again.
    -> it also does not show up in ‘recent notes’ in the sidebar!
    -> ‘Undo’ does not undo the action! (like many actions that I would like to be able to undo, in Evernote.)

Or at least create a way to keep the ‘disappeared' note available in the screen, like in a mall popup on the side. 

Please please please, let ‘Undo’ just undo this. 

Related request: make the ‘recent notes’ list more sensitive, so it really lists all notes that were touched. Including the ones I only removed an innocent tag from. The way it is now, I have to kiss a note and stroke its hair before it shows up there. And please provide the option to let that list get as long as I want it. Hell, give me access to the full memory of the notes edited or clicked in any way.

Thanks you vary mutch

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 1/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, Tim Bean said:
Problem Scenario A: I am editing tags on notes. I accidentally delete the tag from the note I’m editing… it’s the one from the search filter, So pOofff! the note disappears. I don't remember the titles if it was multiple notes. The same happens when I remove a word from a note, when having a search filter active for that word. 

Problem Scenario B: I restore a note from the trash: it disappears from the Trash can screen: I have to search for it again.
    -> it also does not show up in ‘recent notes’ in the sidebar!
    -> ‘Undo’ does not undo the action! (like many actions that I would like to be able to undo, in Evernote.)

Or at least create a way to keep the ‘disappeared' note available in the screen, like in a mall popup on the side. 

Please please please, let ‘Undo’ just undo this. 

Related request: make the ‘recent notes’ list more sensitive, so it really lists all notes that were touched. Including the ones I only removed an innocent tag from. The way it is now, I have to kiss a note and stroke its hair before it shows up there. And please provide the option to let that list get as long as I want it. Hell, give me access to the full memory of the notes edited or clicked in any way.

Thanks you vary mutch

You don't mention which platform, but on Windows uncheck Search when note is updated in Tools - Options - Search to prevent the search results from updating after a change to a note in the search results.

You can double click the note in trash to open it in its own window and make your changes there.

• Level 5*
On 2018-01-14 at 9:52 AM, Tim Bean said:

Problem Scenario A: I am editing tags on notes. I accidentally delete the tag from the note I’m editing… it’s the one from the search filter, So pOofff! the note disappears....

Or at least create a way to keep the ‘disappeared' note available in the screen, like in a small popup on the side. 

On Win/Mac instead of editing a note in the search window, you can edit the note in its own window

As @CalS posted, this also works when restoring notes from the Trash

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

On Win/Mac instead of editing a note in the search window, you could edit the note in its own window

Which could be the equivalent of double clicking on the note.  ;)

Archived