After reinstalling the app, lost the new editor

Hello all,

I deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone but now I don't have the editor I used to. I will attach pics from my iPhone 6 and iPhone 7  so you can have a better idea.

If anyone knows anything, please help!

C495CA0E-7B53-4BEF-879A-841DC53ABF6B.jpeg

07D4898C-3283-40CF-9566-FBF65EC99987.jpeg

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Giallou said:

I deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone but now I don't have the editor I used to. I will attach pics from my iPhone 6 and iPhone 7  so you can have a better idea.

If anyone knows anything, please help!

I'm not sure what your issue is

Yes, the new version has made changes to the editor UI.  

You posted pictures of the editor screen.  Your note has no title, and you typed some content

Just now, DTLow said:

I'm not sure what your issue is

Yes, the new version ha d made changes to the editor UI.  You posted pictures of the editor screen

The first picture is of my iPhone 6, which has the new editor.

The second pic is from the iPhone 7 who lost the new editor after deleting and reinstalling the app. 

Do you know why it went back to the old editor again? Which one do you have?

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Giallou said:

The first picture is of my iPhone 6, which has the new editor.

The second pic is from the iPhone 7 who lost the new editor after deleting and reinstalling the app. 

Do you know why it went back to the old editor again? Which one do you have?

Actually the second picture looks like the new editor screen643BAEC2-5C16-4779-99ED-55C7DFFCF129.thumb.png.9b91f7310c35079136461a2c4b7f12a7.png

Here is a screenshot from my ipad

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Actually the second picture looks like the new editor screen643BAEC2-5C16-4779-99ED-55C7DFFCF129.thumb.png.9b91f7310c35079136461a2c4b7f12a7.png

Here is a screenshot from my ipad

On the iPad I have the same editor as you. To be honest I think the new editor is the one that I lost and it is really handy actually. Fewer clicks, everything accessible right there.

• Level 5*

Giallou, the second pic you posted is the current beta version, 8.8.360558. The first pick you posted is what is in the app store today.

I am not sure why there is a regression in the UI toolbar. it might be temporary. Evernote doesn't post what they are doing in the forums on the iOS betas anymore and the beta notes don't mention any toolbar changes.

4 minutes ago, EdH said:

Giallou, the second pic you posted is the current beta version, 8.8.360558. The first pick you posted is what is in the app store today.

I am not sure why there is a regression in the UI toolbar. it might be temporary. Evernote doesn't post what they are doing in the forums on the iOS betas anymore and the beta notes don't mention any toolbar changes.

Thank you very much! I kinda miss the editor from the first pic, ihope it will become the default one.

I don't know why I am having beta editor though, don't remember signing up.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, Giallou said:

You can check your version on the user page5a5b867c97c65_IMG_20352.thumb.png.6dc8ae926ed3243f44c2f0d4cf77bdc5.png

I'm on the current App Store (Canada) version

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, Giallou said:

Thank you very much! I kinda miss the editor from the first pic, ihope it will become the default one.

I have so many versions of Evernote for Windows, Mac, and iOS that I cannot keep them straight. it is possible the app store version had the beta version for a while, or the beta regressed, or something. They can move back and forth and if you don't have the beta, you could have still seen both over one of the iterations.

You probably never had the beta. You cannot sign up accidentally or easily like you can on the desktop. Involves sending them an email. getting added to HockyApp, authorizing a certificate, signing over your first born, etc.

49 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You can check your version on the user page5a5b867c97c65_IMG_20352.thumb.png.6dc8ae926ed3243f44c2f0d4cf77bdc5.png

I'm on the current App Store (Canada) version

For some inexplicable reason, all of my devices are on the same version, but they don't have the same editor ??‍♂️

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Giallou said:

For some inexplicable reason, all of my devices are on the same version, but they don't have the same editor ??‍♂️

Now that you mention it, Evernote lists two versions in the installation

This is from my Activity Log;

Client Version: 8.7.1 (360160)
Editor Version: ce-1.30.2761
8 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Now that you mention it, Evernote lists two versions in the installation

This is from my Activity Log;

Client Version: 8.7.1 (360160)
Editor Version: ce-1.30.2761

Really interesting.. I checked mine on both devices and they appear to be the same... Something must be off!

Archived