AUTO-FORMAT TURN-OFF STILL NOT RESOLVED!

JamesFairhead

Idea

For goodness sake... this problem of how to turn off auto-formatting is STILL not responded to properly! Can no-one give a sensible answer? Yes indeed I have tried turning off auto-format in Mac OS as well as unchecked all available boxes in Evernote. 

Specifically, I am driven mad by Evernote turning a simple dash that I like to use when I note things (as below)

- just heard

into an indented bullet

just heard

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JamesFairhead said:

For goodness sake... this problem of how to turn off auto-formatting is STILL not responded to properly! Can no-one give a sensible answer? Yes indeed I have tried turning off auto-format in Mac OS as well as unchecked all available boxes in Evernote. 

For my installation, the auto formatting is controlled by a setting in Preferences5a57d25ca989e_ScreenShot2018-01-11at13_06_20.png.becf1d971f1a75b43800bfb462493df9.png

For changes to take effect, I have to quit and restart the app

Dear DT Low - you are a star!

Is this idea that you have to quit an app in order to effect tactical changes a standard operating procedure that I should have known about?!!

I have never heard of this before, and have used Macs, and the usual basic associated apps,  since 1985.

Or is it effectively a bug within Evernote? If not a bug, then certainly a piece of... (well, I shall be polite) irrational inefficiency.

If anyone else reads this, could you remember in future to warn people of this seeming oddity, if ever you give advice in a similar domain?

Many thanks again DTL, welcome anytime in County Cork

James

Archived