Copy only works on second attempt

mlu

Idea

This relates to both the latest beta and the current stable release:

When selecting a string with the mouse, and the pressing ctrl+c to copy this string to the clipboard, it looses the selection and nothing is copied. Then you have to select the string again, and the second time it always work. So the first string you select in a given pdf does not work with ctrl+c. A lot of unneeded selecting and clicking :(

Another issue that bothers me, is that when trying to doubleclick a number, for example 235,31, evernote only highlights the part of the number being clicked on., So either "235" or "31" will be highlighted. Maybe this is due to that evernote does not recognize a non-US number with reverse decimals? In my opinion Evernote should always see a number as one item to select.

10 replies to this idea

Additionally I frequently observe that the ability to copy and paste ist completely lost. Only solution is to shut down Evernote and start over again. Quite tedious to do this 4-5 times pr. day.

Thanks - that's correct. Sorry for posting in the incorrect forum. As not being a daily forum user, I find it difficult to orientate myself among the fora. Also have used some time - invane - to search for forums/threads related to beta versions.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, mlu said:

This relates to both the latest beta and the current stable release:

When selecting a string with the mouse, and the pressing ctrl+c to copy this string to the clipboard, it looses the selection and nothing is copied. Then you have to select the string again, and the second time it always work. So the first string you select in a given pdf does not work with ctrl+c. A lot of unneeded selecting and clicking :(

Another issue that bothers me, is that when trying to doubleclick a number, for example 235,31, evernote only highlights the part of the number being clicked on., So either "235" or "31" will be highlighted. Maybe this is due to that evernote does not recognize a non-US number with reverse decimals? In my opinion Evernote should always see a number as one item to select.

Not seeing the same Ctrl+C behavior, either within a note or a PDF.  Seems to be working for me.

Double clicking in a PDF in the EN viewer only gets one side of the decimal for me as well.  Same thing happens when I open in Adobe.  Perhaps the PDFs use the . as a delimiter.

2 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not seeing the same Ctrl+C behavior, either within a note or a PDF.  Seems to be working for me.

Double clicking in a PDF in the EN viewer only gets one side of the decimal for me as well.  Same thing happens when I open in Adobe.  Perhaps the PDFs use the . as a delimiter.

Could you please try to do this on a completely fresh pdf, ie a pdf you have not worked on / touched before? I observe this every time I try to copy from pdf's in my workflow. This has been so across various updates.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, mlu said:

Could you please try to do this on a completely fresh pdf, ie a pdf you have not worked on / touched before? I observe this every time I try to copy from pdf's in my workflow. This has been so across various updates.

Just tried with some PDFs I scanned in yesterday and everything worked fine. 

Are you having the issue with PDFs you scanned or ones that you have imported from another source?  I find some downloaded PDFs are not OCRd.  If I store them in a local notebook I have to use Adobe to OCR.  But I don't think that would explain having to copy twice.

Thanks for your help Cal! Seemingly this is an issue on my PC. Must try to reinstall to see if this helps.

Regarding the selection of numbers by double-clicking, Adobe selects the entire number. It also works that way in Google Chrome (selcts entire number), but in Firefox it works like in evernote pdf's. Weird.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, mlu said:

Regarding the selection of numbers by double-clicking, Adobe selects the entire number. It also works that way in Google Chrome (selcts entire number), but in Firefox it works like in evernote pdf's. Weird.

You are welcome, though not sure I helped.

Double weird.  Tried a bunch more notes, double clicking the number in Adobe selects part of the number sometimes and the whole number others.  So not repeatable.  Maybe due to the spacing around the period in each case on the PDF?  But only one part of the number if I double click in the EN PDF viewer. every time.

Just got a new PC, and here the issue with doubleclicking a string only works in second attempt was identical. So this is a bug in evernote that occurs when you have a selection and doubleclicks on a word in a pdf in one of the notes fitting the selection criteria. First dobleclik and trying to copy: Selecion disappears. Second doubleclik and trying to copy: Selection stays.

Is there a bug reporting thread somewhere? I couldn't find it.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:04 AM, mlu said:

When selecting a string with the mouse, and the pressing ctrl+c to copy this string to the clipboard, it looses the selection and nothing is copied. Then you have to select the string again, and the second time it always work. So the first string you select in a given pdf does not work with ctrl+c. A lot of unneeded selecting and clicking

I have this problem daily, and not related to PDFs, just plain notes. EN 6.9.7.6770

Archived