Table problems!

Tables are driving me mad at the moment. I can't get anything done because everything takes forever. My main problems are...

1. I have to select the text properties for EACH CELL!! Surely this can't be right? This is wasting hours! 

2. I often get an ugly different coloured background around text that takes hours of faffing around to get rid of. 

3. When I change the cell colour the writing colour changes

4. There is no way to use custom background colour any more so I have to change all the font colour. 

5. No way to select the whole table

Edit. I'll give an example that just happened. I changed the background colour of a row and the writing went white. Then I started typing in one of the columns in that row and the writing is now black! In this you can also see some examples of the ugly background around a couple of words in the rows above. Now if I change that to white, and start typing in the next box, again it goes black! 

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 07.00.26.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 07.11.50.png

Mac. The tables see to have a mind of their own these days. I've found that some of the backgrounds around the text can be got rid of by highlighting and unhighlighting, and then changing the cell background and then changing the text colour which all seem to get messed up. The text seems to go white whenever I select the background these days. 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, franken said:

No way to select the whole table

I can drag my mouse pointer and select every cell in the table

>>There is no way to use custom background colour any more so I have to change all the font colour. 

5a56fc5976b90_ScreenShot2018-01-10at21_55_06.png.edcc1dfab07937454194b68156464e98.png

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I can drag my mouse pointer and select every cell in the table

>>There is no way to use custom background colour any more so I have to change all the font colour. 

5a56fc5976b90_ScreenShot2018-01-10at21_55_06.png.edcc1dfab07937454194b68156464e98.png

Dragging the mouse over the whole table is pretty much impossible if the table is huge. The colours are a set palate, not custom ones, which we used to be able to do. 

• Level 5*
On 1/10/2018 at 2:45 AM, franken said:

1. I have to select the text properties for EACH CELL!! Surely this can't be right? This is wasting hours! 

2. I often get an ugly different coloured background around text that takes hours of faffing around to get rid of. 

3. When I change the cell colour the writing colour changes

4. There is no way to use custom background colour any more so I have to change all the font colour. 

5. No way to select the whole table.

Assuming similarities with Windows, your images look like Windows:

1.If you click on the bar on top of the column or left side of the row you select that row or column.  You can then change text properties.

2. Yeah, this seems to happen with older tables.  Easiest fix I found was to delete all the text and then reenter.  This was reported in the Windows threads.

3. Yeah, change a background color and the text returns to default.  This was reported in the Windows threads.

4. Haven't tried exporting the note to HTML and editing the color properties, might or might not work.  I do know any padding values are ignored after editing and importing a note.

5. Click on equals sign in the upper left to select the whole table.

17 hours ago, CalS said:

Assuming similarities with Windows, your images look like Windows:

1.If you click on the bar on top of the column or left side of the row you select that row or column.  You can then change text properties.

2. Yeah, this seems to happen with older tables.  Easiest fix I found was to delete all the text and then reenter.  This was reported in the Windows threads.

3. Yeah, change a background color and the text returns to default.  This was reported in the Windows threads.

4. Haven't tried exporting the note to HTML and editing the color properties, might or might not work.  I do know any padding values are ignored after editing and importing a note.

5. Click on equals sign in the upper left to select the whole table.

Thanks for the reply.

1. Doesn't seem to work in that as soon as I click in a box to start typing, the text colour changes. So every time I type I have to edit the text colour. Think I'll just have to do it en masse at the end of each row. Not the end of the world. 

2. I can get rid of it by highlighting and unhighlighting once or twice, and then changing the background colour once or twice, and finally the text colour if needed. Lol. 

4. I'm not too bothered about now as they have some pale colours as well, not sure if they just added these recently. 

5. Last time I tried this I couldn't see the editing tools, same just now, but I rashly changed the whole table colour and now I can see them. Just have to change all the row colours I need different again now! 

Cheers.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, franken said:

1. Doesn't seem to work in that as soon as I click in a box to start typing, the text colour changes. So every time I type I have to edit the text colour. Think I'll just have to do it en masse at the end of each row. Not the end of the world. 

You are welcome.. 

Yeah, you can only set the text formats if the cell has something in it.  Blank cells aren't effected by editing tool bar changes.  Reported in the Windows threads as well.  :(

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, CalS said:

Yeah, you can only set the text formats if the cell has something in it.

Also applies to the note content.  For example; there has to be content to apply a font change

Archived