Filter Note View by Multiple Notebooks

Crispness

Idea

At present in Note View, I can see All Notes, or only the Notes from a particular Notbook.

I would like to be able to select multiple notebooks to view (or not view)

For instance at work, I dont want to see most of my hobby/personal notebooks, and vice versa.

Providing a Notebook list with a checkbox for each Notebook to view/not view it would be perfect.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Crispness said:

Providing a Notebook list with a checkbox for each Notebook to view/not view it would be perfect.

I'm seeing a similar checkbox list filter being rolled out for Tags, but nothing for Notebooks

We can filter our notes using the search box, however again Noteboooks are specifically discriminated (we can only specify a single notebook)

Pending this feature being implemented, you can put put your hobby notebooks in a Hobby stack.  stack:Hobby can be specified in the searchbox.

• Level 5*

What's a stack?

A collection (stack) of notebooks

Here's an example from my Mac5a54dcbeaa1c5_ScreenShot2018-01-09at07_15_00.png.389ba0da03d1c12e5edf8d6797a7b287.png
I want a single @Inbox notebook, but various apps create their own notebook
So I assigned the notebooks to a Stack
To filter my note list, I use the search box and specify      stack:"@Inbox Stack"

There's documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314158-How-to-organize-notebooks-into-stacks

• Level 5*

What's a stack?

A grouping of notebooks.  Drag one notebook onto another and a stack will be created.  You can right click rename it at that point and then add other notebooks to the stack if you like.

Archived