Technical Support

This is awful you can't get technical support and you can't use your Evernote. I'm a subscriber and I can't use my Evernote. I search everywhere for a phone number or an email for Tech support. I just can't find them. So, out of frustration, I started to write to this forum.  I really don't know what else to do. Is anybody out there???  

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Rayzz said:

So, out of frustration, I started to write to this forum.  I really don't know what else to do. Is anybody out there???  

Shane has provided you the contact point for Evernote Support Contact Evernote Support (paid accounts)
There's also Twitter @evernotehelps all accounts

Evernote provides these user forums for user discussion and self-help.  Is there something we can help you with?

• Level 5*
On 10/01/2018 at 5:17 PM, Adealbroker said:

The links on the support page are not working. Chat nor email. I am a paid subscriber, before that question comes up.

Hi.  You need to be in the right time zone for Chat (though they do work most hours anyways).  Don't know why the links would be AWOL.  Have you tried Twitter?

39 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You need to be in the right time zone for Chat (though they do work most hours anyways).  Don't know why the links would be AWOL.  Have you tried Twitter?

I'm in P.S.T.. Chat was supposed to be available 7A.M. - 6 P.M. (C.S.T.). At the time of my posting here it was 9:17 A.M. P.S.T. which would have been 11:17 A.M. (c.s.t.). The links weren't working then and they are not working now as I'm typing this at 5:45 P.M. C.S.T.  This is my third day in a row attempting to reach them. Before asked, I'm an annual premium paid member. Been on Evernote since 2010. Have used chat multiple times in the past. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Adealbroker said:

Once again, the links on  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action are not working. That's what I repeatedly have said. So, I can't submit a ticket there. As for twitter, I don't use it.

Can you provide more detail than "are not working"

I'm able to use the support site and submit tickets

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Adealbroker said:

This is becoming more and more irritating. The forum only allows max size of 0.49 MB to upload. So I can't upload a five second video of my clicking on the community, chat now, and submit ticket links with no response on any of them. 

You can store the video in an Evernote note, and post the public url

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Adealbroker said:

Once again, the links on  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action are not working. That's what I repeatedly have said. So, I can't submit a ticket there. As for twitter, I don't use it.

You video shows the Community/Chat/Submit boxes are not presenting as links in your browser.

I don't know the cause for this; I get links with the Safari browser on my Mac and iPad 

Just now, DTLow said:

You video shows the Community/Chat/Submit boxes are not presenting as links in your browser.

I don't know the cause for this; I get links in the Safari browser on my Mac and iPad 

That's what I've been saying the entire post. I'm using Chrome and Windows. 

UGH- I second your frustrations!!! Why isn't there a customer support email/number?? The "Submit A Request" dead ends & there's nowhere to actually submit a ticket for help. Is anyone else having problems with the new update? Evernote on my MacBook was just fine before it. Now a ton of notes (created on my MacBook) are missing but still appear when I access through the web page or on my phone. (!!)

• 10 months later...

I have a note with several Excel files. One of these has a lot of connections with some cells of other documents. I have created these connections on the desk of my Mac and after I have saved the Excel files in a same note.

If re-open the files and I change some datas, the file with the connection don't work , means that the connection fails.

Have any suggestion? 

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Marco Baccolo said:

One of these has a lot of connections with some cells of other documents. I have created these connections on the desk of my Mac

The 'connection" includes a spreadsheet file location (c:/...)
You're destroying this when you move the spreadsheet file into Evernote

• 10 months later...

Does Evernote even have support?

No way to get in touch... responses saying if you need immediate assistance open a live chat, but no way to do that...

I researched options and decided to go all in with Evernote for my records and free form database, been a premium subscriber for a couple years and so have paid a few hundred dollars. 

It’s time for Evernote to hold up their end. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 10/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, BradGad said:

Does Evernote even have support?

No way to get in touch... responses saying if you need immediate assistance open a live chat, but no way to do that...

I researched options and decided to go all in with Evernote for my records and free form database, been a premium subscriber for a couple years and so have paid a few hundred dollars. 

It’s time for Evernote to hold up their end. 

You say you've been a premium subscriber,  but the forum shows you as Basic - and therefore not eligible for chat or email support.  If you have another login to try,  checkout the support link again;  otherwise your only option is Twitter and @EvernoteHelps.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am a Premium subscriber to Evernote Business. Everything that BradGad said is true. Evernote has been my fav app forever. Now, paying hundreds of dollars of year, I can't get to any form of support, any where. This is a sad day, indeed.

All I want to do is understand why my zap that sends email to a specified notebook humms merrily along, yet since a few weeks ago (at that time the icons for our accounts mysteriously changed to defaults) when I manually try to forward an email to Evernote - which I have done for years now without fail - rather than have it end up in the notebook of interest, it ends up on my personal side as if the @Notebook name in the subject line is related to a notebook that does not exist. Again, I've been forwarding email to EN for years.  Zapier is working. Manual forward from Gmail is landing in the bit bucket of my personal side.  Please help.  Attached confirms our Premium subscription.

Annotation 2019-11-21 135724.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I've gone to that page so many times my head hurts.  When I click directly on the link you've provided, I am redirected to https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action?return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.evernote.com%2Fhc%2Fen-us%2Frequests%2Fnew  where I am challenged to sign in. After I sign in, I land on https://maintenance.evernote.com/maintenance.html , where it says the Evernote service is unavailable. See attached image. I have landed on this page for days and days. I can sign into Evernote.com and see notes, Admin console, etc. The Evernote service is alive and well.  

Interestingly, when I right click to go to the link in a new tab, I am redirected to https://evernote.com/logged-out/?logout&uid=78001081, and it tells me I've logged out. See attached image. I'm on a new Win 10 PC, using the latest version of Chrome. But the problem of emails not manually forwarding to EN correctly started weeks before I got this machine. If I "log in" to this support site (button in upper left of first screen shot), I am summarily plunked back into Evernote.com where I see all our notes, can change to the admin console, can do everything but get any help.   thanks again for any help you can provide. 

Annotation 2019-11-21 140950.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-21 141240.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a Premium user and I'm having a serious problem which is now exacerbated by not being able to submit a ticket because when I click the link I get "You have logged out of Evernote."

So that said ... this morning many of my notes have been moved to the Trash.

I sure didn't do it.

There are now 373 notes in my trash. Some of them indeed should be there as I cleaned house when 10 came out but the majority should not.

Right now I'm:
v 10.4.4 build 2096 public
Editor: v112.1.14477
Service: v1.23.6

Also, in the trash these notes are labeled as Inbox and they most certainly were not in the Inbox as my Inbox is made zero almost daily. 

When I attempt to drag one to the Inbox it won't move. Choose restore note does move it but, a lesser issue is that I get the message that only fifty at a time can be restored.

So what I will do is create a new Notebook just for these 373 Trash notes and see if it happens again ... and hopefully I'll get some response from support because I sure can't on the website.

• Level 5*

Hi.  What my pink friend said.  Plus

• Have you checked by signing in to Evernote.com to see whether your desktop is lying to you?
  • Installed the Legacy app which should give you the opportunity to export / move and otherwise deal with all these notes? 

• Like 1

I cannot reach support on the website.
The Desktop is not lying.

Legacy app. Good idea. All notes moved.
On the V10 I selected all, 50 chosen, and then selected Move Note and it did not move it to the new Notebook but instead restored to Inbox where they never were to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Have not tried  it for quite a while on the desktop. On the iPad it directly creates a ticket in its own little window, ready to go, with a log file if I want to send it.

Then if you can’t open support on the browser, you may want to check if anything prevents the support to let you in. Because it needs to check that „you are you“, everything that stops this information can keep you logging out instead of in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only learned a couple of things on this forum:

1. There have been major problems with technical support lack of response for a couple of years.

2. EverNote still doesn't care.  I have been a premium subscriber for 10 years, and I can't get any sort of response.  My program became unusable for a week, and then note contents could only be viewed if I logged off and then logged on again  (this wonderful info from the user group).

3. The Support phone number does not work.  Read it, and tried it anyway.  Indeed, there is no phone support.

4. Chat support does not work, even during the supposed hours of operation.

So at this point, EverNote loses (fails to save) the occasional note, loses the ability to display note contents, has lost the ability to copy jpg files from notes for  use in PowerPoint etc, and any attempt to search yields a come-on to upgrade further for an "even better" version of the currently non-functional search function.  

I plan to switch to a program that actually offers support, and non-glitchy function.  I just hope they don't go out of business, leaving me with 5GB of unretrievable data before I can port it.

• Level 5*
On 12/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, Dennis Shew said:

There isn't any CHAT available only an email that says your busy and may take up to 10 days to respond.  That isn't support for a paying Premium user.  

The availability of chat depends on your local time zone and how busy the support team is.  That post was 2 years ago when the team hadn't recently issued a major software update to 200M users in the middle of a pandemic at a major holiday time.  I believe they're a bit busy.  Subscriber or not,  you may need to be a little patient with them for the moment. 

Meantime there's always help in the Forum here if you are willing to give us more detail.  I'd still recommend you fill in a support request - you'll get an immediate ticket number which at least gets you a place in the queue in case we can't help...

• Like 1