Adding tags using web clipper - keyboard search

Hey,

I might be missing something obvious, but - when clipping in iOS (from Safari/Chrome), I see that I can add tags.

However, I can't seem to find a way to *search* the tags using keyboard entry, only by manually finding the tag in the list of tags and adding it.

How can I enable keyboard search?

Thanks,
Edan

Not sure what you mean?

In the iOS clipper, when I choose "Open With... Evernote" in Safari, I get a screen with the note name, notebook and tags. When I open the tags view, I only get a list of tags, I don't get a keyboard or any sort of searchbox. Am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Edan Maor said:

I might be missing something obvious, but - when clipping in iOS (from Safari/Chrome), I see that I can add tags.

However, I can't seem to find a way to *search* the tags using keyboard entry, only by manually finding the tag in the list of tags and adding it.

Tag Search is not an option in the IOS share menuBD8E8A85-B5E1-455B-AC54-7E55A672C47E.jpeg.97b3fc8773346a7a3bd526c00befba7c.jpeg
We're simply presented with a list of tags to select from.

Personally

• I use name prefixes so my tag list doesn't get too jumbled
  • I don't do tagging at this point; its done when I'm processing my Inbox notebook
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Edan Maor said:

Not sure what you mean?

Sorry about that - if there's a wrong conclusion to draw I can usually get to it;  I was think of searching for tagged notes,  not finding the tag for a note...

What @DTLow said...  ^_^

Thanks, yeah sad to hear that isn't an option. I also use tag prefixes, although not sure how it helps for this exactly? (Or am I misunderstanding something?)

I'll probably switch to using Inbox processing for these, it's just a different flow than I have for the desktop web clipper so that's a bit annoying.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

If you're fast enough to the 'green spot' when clipping (in Android anyways) it's possible to add a tag from there,  although again you need to know exactly what tag is required - no lookups available (AFAIK).  I settled on a 'smart title' approach ages ago - date / type / source / keywords - but that's not exactly feasible (or possible) on mobile devices. :(

Archived