Chrome Web Clipper can only clip the first page with pictures, the next pages are only texts

WilliamChen

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

OK - I get that this is a 10-page article,  and some of the pages are very long.  If I copy one page at a time I can see pictures in most cases (the long pages take ages to render on my current device).  There isn't a way within Evernote to copy multiple pages...

17 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK - I get that this is a 10-page article,  and some of the pages are very long.  If I copy one page at a time I can see pictures in most cases (the long pages take ages to render on my current device).  There isn't a way within Evernote to copy multiple pages...

Yes, but I think clip multiple pages with pictures is essential in some cases.

• Level 5*

In some cases 'simplified format' clipping may get more than one page - Clearly (a now-discontinued Evernote browser add-in) definitely used to do that - I haven't noticed whether or not 'simplified' does the same.  I doubt even Clearly could have handled a 10-page seriously long document like this + pictures,  and I don't think many people have a need to clip that much detail.  I could (easily) be wrong,  and no doubt more comments will tell me so as necessary,  but if adding a feature won't benefit a large number of its users,  Evernote probably won't investigate further.

Meanwhile the options (as usual) are:  grab the content with another online app,  print to paper and scan,  or print to PDF and attach to a note.  If the page has its own 'print' option,  that may include a print view that might help clipping;  and many sites will send a page by email,  which can include the full html of the original page,  or just the URL of the page - so mileage certainly varies on that one.

Archived