My Images in the Evernote Web and Desktop Version not Displaying!

Hello,

I have recently started using Evernote. I have installed its app on android and on desktop (Windows). 2 days ago, I uploaded 2 images to a note through my android app, but when I opened the desktop version, everything got synced to it except the images. In place of images it is showing generic image icon (similar to one we see if a page load is incomplete in web browser). 

Can anybody help me with it? 

I was thinking to move on Evernote but found this bug. When searched web about this issue, I saw another usinf facing this but his problem seems resolved with some personal help from Evernote team.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Depending on where you are with a sync from your Android device to the server,  transmitting the content of a big image (or two) may take some time.  The Android syncs to the server,  then the server syncs with your desktop.  It seems like Evernote prioritise the text content to keep your network use as low as possible.  So you see the main part of the note,  but get placeholders for images. 

You can check to see what's on the server by going to Evernote.com in your browser and signing in.  If you don't see the pictures,  re-sync the phone;  if you do see the pics,  sync your desktop.  When everything has caught up you should be fine...

Hello Gazumped!

Thanks for reply. But It has been 2 days, and my cellphone is on internet connectivity continuously. I have seen both web and desktop version but still after two days the images are not showing up.

Thanks a lot again for your help!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem with some variations.

1. Some note images display but if I copy them out of Evernote they become links.
  2. Some note images display and copy out fine
  3. Some note images display on the desktop and on the web look like links
  4. Some note images don't display and just show links.
  • 1 year later...

I am having the exact same issue. I downloaded the app, took photos multiple notebooks - but upon sharing the link and emailing to myself I am unable to see any images on the desktop version. 

I am connected to the internet, it has been several days, and have troubleshooted the same methods as above. 

Did anyone find a fix for this? 

Sure would stink if there was no desktop image sharing in the app. Would need to download another note taking app.

Thanks for any tips 

• Level 5
On 4/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, tburns said:

I am having the exact same issue. I downloaded the app, took photos multiple notebooks - but upon sharing the link and emailing to myself I am unable to see any images on the desktop version. 

I am connected to the internet, it has been several days, and have troubleshooted the same methods as above. 

Did anyone find a fix for this? 

Sure would stink if there was no desktop image sharing in the app. Would need to download another note taking app.

Thanks for any tips 

Including pictures in a note created on a mobile app and then viewing them on another platform should work, so a couple of questions. Which mobile app, and which desktop platform? Do the images show up in the Web interface (https://www.evernote.com/client/web)?

If you're taking the photos in the Android app, there's a known issue with taking them in landscape mode specifically and not having them show up.

• 1 year later...

not sure what happened but starting today. all of my images just a have a thumbnail generic replacement image where there use to be my clip png from my mac. any idea why evernote links are doing this? See example attached. all devices including my son's phone, wife's mac etc. not just isolated to my mac. same result in Chrome and Safari

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 5.00.42 PM.png