Where can I find notebooks that are "local"

I need to move my evernote files to a new mac.  I have three notebooks that are stored locally.  Anyone know where they might be in the filesystem.  I've looked in the normal places (Library/Application Support/) but haven't seen anything that I recognize yet.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TD-evernote said:

I need to move my evernote files to a new mac.  I have three notebooks that are stored locally.  Anyone know where they might be in the filesystem.  I've looked in the normal places (Library/Application Support/) but haven't seen anything that I recognize yet.

Local notebooks are stored in the database along side sync'd notebooks

Since Local Notebooks are not sync'd and backed up by Evernote, you need to have your own backups in place
Most users have a separate export for each notebook (the notebook is not identified in the .enex file)
You will use these .enex files to import the data to your new Mac

There's documentation on the Export feaure at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557-How-to-back-up-export-and-restore-import-notes-and-notebooks

Okay, but where is that? I don't want to import or export. I just want to know where the data is for other reasons. Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, aazz said:

Okay, but where is that? I don't want to import or export. I just want to know where the data is for other reasons. Thanks.

On a Mac, click on the option key, then Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder

49A6316C-B995-4080-8549-B01F5C39CE80.png.a06b7a588e58643ed6546b72ceb1d17d.png

• 2 months later...

My help menu doesn't show TROUBLESHOOTING - RECREATE FULL TEXT SEARCH INDEX --  now what? 

my local notebooks disappeared after EN crashed 

I'm on a Mac Sierra 10.12.3  and EN 7.0.3 and just trying to get my local notebooks back.

image.png.f8822627e3fc175e342b56cfb66a8598.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, OneMoreEvent said:

My help menu doesn't show TROUBLESHOOTING - RECREATE FULL TEXT SEARCH INDEX --  now what? 

You have to hold down the Option Key while clicking the Help Menu

>>my local notebooks disappeared after EN crashed 

Are you running any backups? TimeMachine?

• 1 month later...

I have a related issue.

I'm about to upgrade to v7 (wish me luck) and wanted to make sure I'm safe incase of needing to wipe Evernote and re-download my data from the server.

I'm not sure if I have any Local Notebooks, nor do I see any method of finding which Notebooks are local. (For that matter I dont even see an option to create Local Notesbooks on Mac v6.13.3)

How can I determine if I do have Local Notebooks? And how can I turn them into Synched Notebooks?

Thank you.

• Level 5*
On 5/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, mlondon said:

How can I determine if I do have Local Notebooks?

1410465551_ScreenShot2018-05-14at17_20_29.png.8253fc2f5f260a60a70b2159869b067d.png

Here's an example from my Mac.
Local Notebooks are indicated to the right of the Notebook name

>>For that matter I dont even see an option to create Local Notesbooks on Mac v6.13.3

Option Key File

667619795_ScreenShot2018-05-14at17_19_54.png.a7ae01e7ef8cdc134d1f544aace15800.png\

>>And how can I turn them into Synched Notebooks?

You can't convert the notebook type.  You move the notes to a sync'd notebook

Archived