Time Tracking

alanfitch

Idea

As a video editor, I almost always have multiple projects going at a time, for which I need to track client, project, task (these are common across projects) and start/stop times. Out of this data I only need total elapsed time by client/project/task so I can input into Quickbooks for billing. Virtually every time tracking app I've tried is either: poorly designed, non-intuitive, platform-dependent or needlessly complex. A plugin or feature in Evernote that would allow me to essentially punch start/stop and keep running tickets no matter which editing machine I'm working on or location I'm at, and then easily retrieve/document totals when it's time for billing would be valuable and a real time saver.

Thanks for listening.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, alanfitch said:

A plugin or feature in Evernote that would allow me to essentially punch start/stop and keep running tickets

My problem in the past is that I forget to punch in or punch out

I can see the feature add a note to Evernote with the time  
An added feaure would be a selection list of open projects to select from, and a running timer

I see this as a niche feature, and wouldn't be implemented by Evernote.  Perhaps a third party product
I could do this on my Mac with a script

Archived