shortcut to create note with clipboard copied content

hi id like a shortcut to create notes with with clipboard copied content .

id like to copy something (ex from a mail ) , click my short cut and have the copied content automatically stored as a new note in evernote ...

bonus requirement :paste the last N contents stored in clipboard , not just the last one . 

note sure if i prefer to have this 100% done in background or have the note open with the copied text - really it depends on what 's easier to implement 

any idea ? 

thanks, 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, fabertel said:

hi id like a shortcut to create notes with with clipboard copied content .

id like to copy something (ex from a mail ) , click my short cut and have the copied content automatically stored as a new note in evernote ...

bonus requirement :paste the last N contents stored in clipboard , not just the last one . 

note sure if i prefer to have this 100% done in background or have the note open with the copied text - really it depends on what 's easier to implement 

any idea ? 

thanks, 

Got to Tools - Options - Shortcut keys and set the shortcut you would like in Copy selection, I use <Ctrl><0> FWIW..  This should put whatever you select/highlight into a new note in EN.  Watch the formatting though, most of the time it is fine, just depends on the source.

• Level 5
7 hours ago, CalS said:

Got to Tools - Options - Shortcut keys and set the shortcut you would like in Copy selection, I use <Ctrl><0> FWIW..  This should put whatever you select/highlight into a new note in EN.  Watch the formatting though, most of the time it is fine, just depends on the source.

With great respect to @jefito and @CalS, I believe that what @fabertel is seeking is a way to paste what is already on the clipboard into a new note with a single keystroke. That would be whatever is set for the Paste clipboard option in Tools > Options > Shortcut keys. But of course @CalS's solution would actually be faster.

bonus requirement :paste the last N contents stored in clipboard , not just the last one . 

Evernote has no better access to previously copied clipboard items than any other program. You might consider a clipboard manager, such as ClipCache, which would at least allow you to fairly quickly create a series of new notes with Ctrl+Alt+N and paste recently copied items into them, or paste all such items into a single newly created note.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

With great respect to @jefito  and @CalS, I believe that what @fabertel is seeking is a way to paste what is already on the clipboard into a new note with a single keystroke.

Yes, I understood that. That's why my suggestion / reminder ("Ctrl+Alt+N followed by Ctrl+V gets you there in two steps") didn't have a Copy step, and was caveat'ed to take two steps. The "Paste to Evernote" shortcut, which I'd forgotten about, is better.

20 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Evernote has no better access to previously copied clipboard items than any other program. You might consider a clipboard manager, such as ClipCache, which would at least allow you to fairly quickly create a series of new notes with Ctrl+Alt+N and paste recently copied items into them, or paste all such items into a single newly created note.

I suppose there's nothing stopping Evernote from implementing a mini clipboard manager on its own (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms649021(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396), but a separate utility probably works well enough too.

Archived