Control+Tab shortcut to quick switch between opened notes

MissonPeak

Idea

Feature request:

Control+Tab shortcut to switch between opened notes

Just like many other software doing.

In Chrome browser, press control+tab to switch to next browser tab. holding control button,  tap tab button to quick rotate between all tabs.

In NetBeans, press control+tab will popup a file list of all opened files, then user can holding control button,  tap tab button to quick select a file to jump to.

I like to have this feature on Evernote. Thank you.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, MissonPeak said:

Feature request:

In Chrome browser, press control+tab to switch to next browser tab. holding control button,  tap tab button to quick rotate between all tabs.

In NetBeans, press control+tab will popup a file list of all opened files, then user can holding control button,  tap tab button to quick select a file to jump to.

I like to have this feature on Evernote. Thank you.

In the meantime, Alt-Tab will let you jump between all windows open on Windows.  So depending upon how many windows you have open....

• Level 5*
On 12/27/2017 at 6:50 AM, MissonPeak said:

Is this a request for the native Windows Evernote application?

In the meantime, maybe the following will work for you (I've never tried it myself): https://www.pcworld.com/article/3184385/how-to-easily-switch-between-open-windows-of-the-same-program.html

Why is this even a conversation? Being able to switch between open windows in an application using the keyboard is such a basic feature. It's astonishing that it even needs to be requested.

The only way to switch between open windows in the macOS Evernote desktop app that I can find is by clicking the Window menu with a mouse, or using the macOS show all windows feature.

This is basic functionality for a modern application. Why is it missing?

On 2/23/2020 at 7:17 PM, ForEverNoteAble said:

I'd really like to see this supported in the Mac app.  It's one of the most missed feature I find when switching between the Mac app and the Window's one.

7 hours ago, Mojaximus said:

Why is this even a conversation? Being able to switch between open windows in an application using the keyboard is such a basic feature. It's astonishing that it even needs to be requested.

The only way to switch between open windows in the macOS Evernote desktop app that I can find is by clicking the Window menu with a mouse, or using the macOS show all windows feature.

This is basic functionality for a modern application. Why is it missing?

On macOS, the shortcut to switch between different windows of any application (which includes open notes in Evernote) is CMD + `. That's the CMD key plus the "backtick" key, which sits under the "ESC" key on a US keyboard.

If that doesn't work for you in Evernote but does work for other apps, then you might be experiencing a bug that is specific to people who installed Evernote from the Mac App store. Removing that install and installing directly from https://evernote.com/download should fix that.

Thank you - that solved two issues in one fix: I can now switch between open windows on macOS, and when replacing a search I can now press CMD-A to select the existing text. These two are huge wins - thank you.

• Like 1