View as attachment

When I drag files into a note I want to view all of them (regardless the file type) as attachments.
This works flawlessly with PDF files but not with JPG.
Every time I drag a JPG file I have to right-click on it and mark "View as attachments."
I have also marked Options/Note/Note view options/"allow images displayed as attachments" but it doesn't help :(
This is very annoying...
Can someone help please?
Thank you,

Oded.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You posted in Windows desktop help,  but in Windows 'view as attachments' is greyed out in the right-click menu,  and the note options field has a hover-menu (pic below) which says that this may help with some images - particularly large RAW files which take time to render.  It doesn't specify other image types that may be affected.

AFAIK it's not possible to have JPG or PNG image files as attachments only. 

5a3e2781f383c_EvernoteOptionsImages.jpg.490c40555f183984e396ca32226b3fca.jpg

Some image viewer software is smart enough to recognise image files regardless of their file extension,  so if you change the name of your file (to JGP or PGN forinstance) you may be able to fool Evernote into showing that as an attachment,  but still see it in your image software of choice.  It's also possible to ZIP an image file and show it as an attachment.

Right, I've posted in Windows Desktop help because that's exactly what I'm using! :)

The option "view as attachment" is definitely not greyed out in the right click menu. (at least in my desktop application...)
Once I check it the jpg file shows as attachment.
Once I uncheck it the whole picture is displayed...
I'm looking for a way to automatically view all my jpg files (in fact all my files) as attachments, and be fully displayed only by doubleclicking.

Thank you for your answer,
Oded.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  My mileage seems to vary considerably,  since I've never been able to show an image as an attachment without fudging with the filename,  and (AFAIK) the 'view as attachment' option has always been greyed out in every version of Evernote (and Windows) that I've used.  Don't know where your magic occasional access comes from,  but I'm sure there is currently no automatic way to show all images as attachments...  other than renaming / zipping - or storing the image in Google Drive (or other cloud storage) and linking from Evernote.

51 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  My mileage seems to vary considerably,  since I've never been able to show an image as an attachment without fudging with the filename,  and (AFAIK) the 'view as attachment' option has always been greyed out in every version of Evernote (and Windows) that I've used.  Don't know where your magic occasional access comes from,  but I'm sure there is currently no automatic way to show all images as attachments...  other than renaming / zipping - or storing the image in Google Drive (or other cloud storage) and linking from Evernote.

Regarding my "view as attachment" 'not greyed' option, as far as I remember it has always been like that...
Thanks again,

Oded.

Archived