Where are the data saved ?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

I wonder where EN for Mac saves its data ? 

You can obtain the database location by holding down the Option key and selecting the Help page5a3d680fd13a9_ScreenShot2017-12-22at12_13_39.png.05bf3057141c0b254b3acf5f926df1dd.png

This allows you to open the database folder 

>>I lost a note and I hope to find it in the EN data files

This will be difficult using the raw data files
A better method is to search within the Evernote app

It's not clear what you mean by "lost"

• If accidently deleted, the note can be restored from the Trash
  • The search feature allow you to find notes using known text

I use my iPhone to edit some text in EN. Accidently made som deletion and did not remember how to undo. 
It is by shaking the phone but I did not remember that so now the deletion is permanent, and it synced to my desktop computer.
It is not in the trash

But I have Time Machine backup. Could it be there ?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

But I have Time Machine backup. Could it be there ?

Yes, if you are backing up the database folder, your note versions are retrievable.

Each note is stored in a separate folder; the content is in file content.enml

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

I searched for content.enml. There are about 1600 such files. there is no recognisable name on them

Yes, one content file for each note.  Title and other meta data are stored in a .sqlite database.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

This is no solution. What if I go Premium now ? will I get the history of my notes one week ago ?

The Note History backup is running for all accounts and will contain your data.   
Documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-access-and-use-note-history 
Access to Note History data is a paid feature; you can subscribe for a single month

However, access is via the Note Info page.  If you don't have access to the note, you can't access the history

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

I do not understand your reply that history is available to all accounts.

You asked if the Note History backup will contain "history of my notes one week ago".  

I'm saying yes, the backup is running for all accounts

>>I think history is available only for Premium users ?

Yes, Access to Note History data is a paid feature; you can subscribe for a single month

>>you cannot retrieve it from TM ?

I am able to retrieve "note history" data from TM. 
Time Machine saves hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for everything older than a month until the volume runs out of space. At that point, Time Machine deletes the oldest weekly backup.

>>how much is the price for Premium in Euro ?

You will have to check your subscription page.  For me (Canada), the subscription page shows
                              5a40e22b3e3fa_ScreenShot2017-12-25at03_32_22.png.8d002f0d442d4fc1e64694cddc2866b9.png

• 9 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 10:19 PM, DTLow said:

You can obtain the database location by holding down the Option key and selecting the Help page5a3d680fd13a9_ScreenShot2017-12-22at12_13_39.png.05bf3057141c0b254b3acf5f926df1dd.png

This allows you to open the database folder 

>>I lost a note and I hope to find it in the EN data files

This will be difficult using the raw data files
A better method is to search within the Evernote app

It's not clear what you mean by "lost"

• If accidently deleted, the note can be restored from the Trash
  • The search feature allow you to find notes using known text

This is annoying, i am holding down both CMD (its cmd, not option, stop confusing everyone) keys and nothing is showing up. So please dont say to hold down the cmd key again, troubleshooting does not show up for me. your app decided to delete all my notes after i simply wanted to reset the password

Archived