automatic generation of note title

kh82399

Idea

As I understand from Evernote customer service, It is the 'normal' behavior in Evernote as it works for many people who would actually prefer that their note title changes if they change the first line. 

Could you consider to make this optional with a check box? Here is my problem:

In Evernote desktop version, I appreciate that Evernote automatically generate a note title from the first line I typed in. This saves a lot of time. But how can I preserve the title after it's already set in place. I notice if I erased the first line of the note. 2nd line of the note will become a new title. (2nd line of the note now becomes the first line of the note and it overwrite my note title, which I don't want.)  This means, I will be forced to always have note tile and first line of content be identical. Isn't that redundancy?  Can you consider having a check box in general setting, so we still get the function of note title automatically generated from first typing in, but will be saved as a note title.  then I can start freely putting something different for the content of notes, and will not trigger update of my title. 

Thanks so much

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, kh82399 said:

As I understand from Evernote customer service, It is the 'normal' behavior in Evernote as it works for many people who would actually prefer that their note title changes if they change the first line. 

Can you identify your platform/device.  I don't have automatic titles on my Mac/iPad

>>note title changes if they change the first line

I'd actually like this feature.  Dispense with the title field and use the first line

Archived