Ctrl Alt N Hotkey doesn't bring the new window to forefront

Thank you, Dave.  That didn't work.  Tried several times.  Also tried a suggestion in some other thread, to manually uncheck creating of a new window in Options menu and then re-check it.  Doesn't seem to work.  Having the window in fore front when creating a new note is such a significant productivity booster.  I really wish there was a fix!  Or are there other tricks perhaps?

• Level 5*
On 23/12/2017 at 3:57 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Sorry that didn't help. I'm mystified then. It works properly for me, but obviously not for you. I hate to suggest a reinstallation, but that might be the next move. Be sure to do a manual sync first, and back up any local notes, if you do so.

I agree with @Dave-in-Decatur - this shortcut works for me,  with the window at the front;  don't know why it would be otherwise.  Only extra suggestion - get your new window to the forefront and add enough text to create a note.  File > Close the note.  Then File > Exit Evernote and then reopen it.  This might save the window position to your Registry and give you the window placement that you need in future.

Failing that - try an uninstall / reinstall.  Keep a copy of your Databases folder just in case (backups are always good anyway) but a reinstall is less hassle than you just went through with the new note...

I've noticed this behavior occurring with some regularity when Evernote itself is already open in the taskbar. In that case a new note window will be created, the icon will be highlighted, but the window won't come to front until you tab to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote and did all of the above tricks.  It worked only once.  And it is back to opening the new windows in background :-(  Should I escalate this to Evernote support?

Archived