Evernote for Mac 6.13.2 GA

Jason Creadore

Idea

Hello Everyone,

We're announcing our new release, version 6.13.2 GA. The release improves the search box data entry experience and addresses multiple bugs.  

You can download it here, or check for updates to get the latest. 

Thanks,

Jason and the rest of the Mac team

-----------

Release Notes for 6.13.2:

Improved

• Improvements to the search box with more space for entering keywords and filters

Fixed

• A fix to include the title when printing notes
  • A fix for an issue where a small number of users are unable to login after deleting auth information from their keychain
  • A fix for an issue where the note list sometimes does not appear on macOS High Sierra
  • A fix to reenable the sharing of public notebooks
  • A fix for a sync issue where some notes are missing after doing a fresh install
  • Multiple fixes fixes for several intermittent crashes including when launching the app and adding another account

17 replies to this idea

7 hours ago, raffiagrafik said:

I have the same issue. Version 6.13.2 continually crashes shortly after startup. Discovered that it seems to be an issue with syncing. Every time Evernote tries to sync it crashes. If I turn the WiFi off, then the crashes stop. Have tried restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc., etc. Still crashing. Working without internet is clearly not a solution. Nor is using the web version of Evernote. This is really affecting workflow. I am using Evernote Plus and am now actively looking for alternative solutions in order to meet year-end deadlines. Please fix this ASAP!

This issue is there since 2 weeks - Evernote is NOT useable for me since that time. I rolled back via TimeMachine to Version of 11th Dec. - Inacceptable !

On 12/16/2017 at 4:51 PM, Jason Creadore said:

Hello Everyone,

We're announcing our new release, version 6.13.2 GA. The release improves the search box data entry experience and addresses multiple bugs.  

Thanks,

Hi, Jason - Do you know when this will make its way into the App Store? Or, 6.13.3 for that matter? App Store version is still 6.13.1. Thanks! Ray

54 minutes ago, Sandeelynne3 said:

Hi Jason,

You correctly listed the steps I took.  Before I replied, I thought I'd see if I could replicate the issue myself.  I could not.  I have to suspect now that maybe I was working too fast and hit "annotate copy" instead of annotate image.  If the problem shows up again, I'll come back to this post and report it.  For now, the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks for following up!

Sandee

Glad the problem went away for you - the issue with annotating images when they are in tables should be addressed before another release 

On 1/4/2018 at 12:01 PM, Jason Miller said:

That is painfully annoying, I tried recreating internally using the bleeding edge builds I work with, I did not run into this problem, but something uglier, again with tables - there is a bug filed for that, that should hopefully take of this too.

To confirm I have the right steps

• Create a note
  • Create a table 
  • Add an image to each cell (in this case 2)
  • Annotate the images
  • Results is a duplicate note?

Hi Jason,

You correctly listed the steps I took.  Before I replied, I thought I'd see if I could replicate the issue myself.  I could not.  I have to suspect now that maybe I was working too fast and hit "annotate copy" instead of annotate image.  If the problem shows up again, I'll come back to this post and report it.  For now, the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks for following up!

Sandee

On 1/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, Sandeelynne3 said:

Hi Jason,

Many thanks to the Evernote team for working hard to fix bugs.  I think I found a new one.  Today I added two screenshots to a table in a note and then opened them to annotate them.  I kept waiting for the sync to show my annotations, but when it didn't, I opened my web Evernote to see what was going on. I have that set to show the newest notes first so I found my annotations.  In NEW notes.  That never happened before. 

Each annotated screenshot from the table created a new, separate note.  Obviously I do NOT want that to happen.  Here's a screenshot of my notebook showing the situation.  By the way, I put the attached screenshot into a note but NOT in a table and when I annotated it, this time it stayed in the same note, so I suspect the issue is with the table.

Screenshot 2018-01-01 13.02.05.png

That is painfully annoying, I tried recreating internally using the bleeding edge builds I work with, I did not run into this problem, but something uglier, again with tables - there is a bug filed for that, that should hopefully take of this too.

To confirm I have the right steps

• Create a note
  • Create a table 
  • Add an image to each cell (in this case 2)
  • Annotate the images
  • Results is a duplicate note?
On 12/16/2017 at 4:51 PM, Jason Creadore said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

-----------

Improved

• Improvements to the search box with more space for entering keywords and filters

Fixed

• A fix for an issue where a small number of users are unable to login after deleting auth information from their keychain
  • A fix for an issue where the note list sometimes does not appear on macOS High Sierra
  • A fix for a sync issue where some notes are missing after doing a fresh install
  • Multiple fixes fixes for several intermittent crashes including when launching the app and adding another account

Hi Jason,

Many thanks to the Evernote team for working hard to fix bugs.  I think I found a new one.  Today I added two screenshots to a table in a note and then opened them to annotate them.  I kept waiting for the sync to show my annotations, but when it didn't, I opened my web Evernote to see what was going on. I have that set to show the newest notes first so I found my annotations.  In NEW notes.  That never happened before. 

Each annotated screenshot from the table created a new, separate note.  Obviously I do NOT want that to happen.  Here's a screenshot of my notebook showing the situation.  By the way, I put the attached screenshot into a note but NOT in a table and when I annotated it, this time it stayed in the same note, so I suspect the issue is with the table.

Screenshot 2018-01-01 13.02.05.png

On 27/12/2017 at 12:05 PM, ADDBounceyball said:

I noticed y'all are updating to 6.13.2 however that particular version is not available in the App store for mac. Should i not update if this is the case? it seems like there are a lot of problems with 6.13.2. 

Yes, I would avoid 6.13.2 and go straight to 6.13.3. The 6.13.2 version never worked properly for me for more than 5 minutes, not even to download the new update! I went online downloaded 6.13.3 here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/110772-evernote-for-mac-6133-ga/ and it's working well. So far no crashes, sync issues, or grayed-out menus.

On 19/12/2017 at 7:32 PM, Alex10115 said:

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

SORRY: 6.13.2 (455921 Direkt) on Mac CRASHES AGAIN directly after StartUP.
I´m now about 1week without access to Evernote due to that issue
I hope such fixing is now immediately done.

!!!

???

I have the same issue. Version 6.13.2 continually crashes shortly after startup. Discovered that it seems to be an issue with syncing. Every time Evernote tries to sync it crashes. If I turn the WiFi off, then the crashes stop. Have tried restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc., etc. Still crashing. Working without internet is clearly not a solution. Nor is using the web version of Evernote. This is really affecting workflow. I am using Evernote Plus and am now actively looking for alternative solutions in order to meet year-end deadlines. Please fix this ASAP!

54 minutes ago, stocky2605 said:

Bug: cannot mark reminders as "completed". If I hit the button "mark as completed" the reminder is still active. Creating new reminders seems also to have an issue, cannot set a due date.

update: the problem is also in Version 6.13.1 - and, most important: only with "protected" notes, e. g. those coming from 3rd party Apps like NoteShelf. Evernote iOS and Evernote Web have no issues.

12 hours ago, Jason Creadore said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

-----------

Improved

Fixed

SORRY: 6.13.2 (455921 Direkt) CRASHES AGAIN directly after StartUP.
 I´m now about 1week without access to Evernote due to that issue

10 hours ago, janstet said:

Blank note list issue has finally been fixed in this release. Thank you. Hopefully future bugs will be fixed in a more timely manner.

10 hours ago, janstet said:

Blank note list issue has finally been fixed in this release. Thank you. Hopefully future bugs will be fixed in a more timely manner.

SORRY: 6.13.2 (455921 Direkt) CRASHES AGAIN directly after StartUP.
 I´m now about 1week without access to Evernote .

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jason Creadore said:

The release improves the search box data entry experience and addresses multiple bugs.  

Thanks for all the bug fixes.  This looks like an update focused on doing just that -- I hope so.

Archived