When editing tags wait until I click away (Mac)

Randy Zeitman

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Randy Zeitman said:

Click in the tag field. Delete the soon to be obsolete tag ...and voila, the selected notes are gone from my list, and now I can't add any new tag,  because the instant I hit backspace they all updated.

You don't mention which platform.  In Windows you can go to Tools - Options - Search and uncheck Search when note is updated.  This should prevent modified notes from "disappearing" during your edits. 

Another helpful process is to add the new tag before you delete the old one, no matter the platform.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, Randy Zeitman said:

On Mac. I don't see such a feature.

Confirmed; the Search-when-updated option is not available on Macs

For single note updates, instead of updating the note within the search list you can open the note in it's own window

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Randy Zeitman said:

Adding a new tag before deleting old ones is the ONLY option and exactly the complaint - why should anyone have to devise a special process for an otherwise ordinary task.

There are times when having the search results update immediately post change makes sense, so having it both ways makes sense, to me anyway.  Getting EN to add the option to the Mac would be the fix.  Don't know if there is a thread requesting this enhancement or not.. 

CalS ... your answer made me revisit my question and see I was not clear ... nor did I do my due diligence.

I do NOT want to see a change to (asynchronous) search ... only to the situation where the Search is done and one wants to EDIT THE TAGS for a selected note. (see image).

I've edited my original question but should the sysops wish to delete this thread as I got it wrong that's ok too and I'll make a new, correct one.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Randy Zeitman said:

I do NOT want to see a change to (asynchronous) search ... only to the situation where the Search is done and one wants to EDIT THE TAGS for a selected note. (see image).

Okay.  Interesting, Windows fails when a tag is removed using the above panel when Search when note is updated is NOT checked.  Seems like a bug in Windows.

Anyway.  Another way to get where you want is to use the tag picker dialog, Ctrl-Alt-T on Windows, after you have highlighted the notes.  You can add/delete tags and the note updates don't occur until you click on OK.  Then the search gets updated, no matter the settings.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.232550e02d812648487d62862898f2cf.png

On 12/8/2017 at 9:55 PM, Randy Zeitman said:

When editing tags for selected notes wait until I click away to re-filter the search results. (Mac)

Untitled-1.jpg

Here here!   This is so so so frustrating - has been for years.  Why would the set change under our feet while we are still editing the set?

Archived